22 gallon office build

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1/2 in late April..3 days a week Im doing 3 miles ( one recovery, one speed, and one incline) one day a week I do a 5 and Sunday is the long day we are up to 8 will ramp till 11 then recover then 13 recover then race :) so challenge accepted ...nice to meet some like-minded people here @crusso1993 and @mch1984

Outstanding!

I’ll take you up on this under two conditions.

1) not this week, I work out in the morning and need to adjusted. When I mean morning I mean up at 4 am.

2) as long as its understood I won’t be running. I will do some form of work out, mostly weights and some form of cardio.

No worries on not getting started this week. Just give us guys who ARE doin' the deal a heads-up when you'll be joining us. :p;)

Also, no worries on running as I know it's not for everyone. Actually, I think most people hate running. I used to lift but due to a problematic shoulder, to match my brain, I haven't done so in years. How my shoulder became problematic is one of those long stories. Suffice it to say that it was operated on about 11 years ago and probably needs another fixin'.

Oh, and don't kill yourself out of the gate.

Now, for all of us, how will we hold each other accountable? As for me, I'll post up pics of my runs like the one above or you can view my activity on Garmin Connect. Additionally, I'll put up a pic of the scale either weekly or biweekly.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outstanding!

No worries on not getting started this week. Just give us guys who ARE doin' the deal a heads-up when you'll be joining us. :p;)

Also, no worries on running as I know it's not for everyone. Actually, I think most people hate running. I used to lift but due to a problematic shoulder, to match my brain, I haven't done so in years. How my shoulder became problematic is one of those long stories. Suffice it to say that it was operated on about 11 years ago and probably needs another fixin'.

Oh, and don't kill yourself out of the gate.

Now, for all of us, how will we hold each other accountable? As for me, I'll post up pics of my runs like the one above or you can view my activity on Garmin Connect. Additionally, I'll put up a pic of the scale either weekly or biweekly.
I'm down for putting up pictures of work outs, just need to find an app of some sort. I used to know a few good ones but I've been out of the gym too long. As far as weight goes, I say we add something to the challenge here. Lets put put up starting weights tonight, but also a goal weight.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted my weight in the same post with the pic of the today's run. However, I did not include a goal weight. So reposting the scale pic and gunning for 225 as my goal.

20190319_221937.jpg

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these are the pics of the elephant stone and tiger wood I already have, plus a picture of the new tiger wood I have coming. Not sure I'll use it all but wanted options.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

tiger3-2_012_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Just saw this thread, so starting a read through. Love dragon and elephant stone, looking forward to seeing how this comes together!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How could I not?
Ugh. Sadly, I lived in Long Island for 5 years. I cannot stand Billy Joel any more.

How about this for honesty. I have been thinking about Pattie Boyd a lot. I guess because I have been listening to a ton of George Harrison and Derek and the Doninoes.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. Sadly, I lived in Long Island for 5 years. I cannot stand Billy Joel any more.

How about this for honesty. I have been thinking about Pattie Boyd a lot. I guess because I have been listening to a ton of George Harrison and Derek and the Doninoes.

You know, I actually thought you might take issue with Billy Joel because of your locale. However, how could I not go with such an obvious one? ;)

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this thread, so starting a read through. Love dragon and elephant stone, looking forward to seeing how this comes together!
Welcome aboard! Be for warned, there will be as much senseless discussion and random comments as there are build related post. Some of the people on this thread are questionable.....

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’ll be honest, getting back in the waking up extra early habit is going to suck for a bit.

Dude... start slow like a reef tank! BTW - what time have you normally been getting up?

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude... start slow like a reef tank! BTW - what time have you normally been getting up?
Oh I’m starting slow, I’m usually up between 5:30 and 6. My wife has to be at work at 6:30 and I get to work between 6:30 and 7.

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already @ work I get up early also but its to drink coffee and stare at my tank which is in my kitchen so it works out well. I weighed in @ 365 fully clothed @ gym. I use the YMCA so I can't really strip in the workout room for a good weight but that can be my baseline. Since 3 times a week is the requirement and I do more I will snap pics if I remember too..no apple watch no garmin but I do wear a fitbit so can use that for outside long walks. 5 miler this evening. :)

totally unrelated but has anyone ever got "sun burn" from a refugium light? Was working in my sump cabinet with the kessil h380 on and pretty sure I got sunburn from not turning it off..did manage too hook up my apex dos pumps and program them but dang will be turning the fuge light off from now on

Last edited:
OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already @ work I get up early also but its to drink coffee and stare at my tank which is in my kitchen so it works out well. I weighed in @ 365 fully clothed @ gym. I use the YMCA so I can't really strip in the workout room for a good weight but that can be my baseline. Since 3 times a week is the requirement and I do more I will snap pics if I remember too..no apple watch no garmin but I do wear a fitbit so can use that for outside long walks. 5 miler this evening. :)

totally unrelated but has anyone ever got "sun burn" from a refugium light? Was working in my sump cabinet with the kessil h380 on and pretty sure I got sunburn from not turning it off..did manage too hook up my apex dos pumps and program them but dang will be turning the fuge light off from now on
I haven’t ever had that happen but I could see it happening. They are string lights, I turn my fuge off just because I can’t stand looking at it.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back