230.6 waterbox rimless [emoji16]

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do and I love it! Mixes up nice and elements are stable.
Picked up a few goodies today
13890d8deae549510a935b50993c75d1.jpg
26adf2f6662098836bba63e158a34860.jpg

The guy at my LFS told me the was a good salt. Does anybody use this kind and if so how do u like it ?
39bc7d23eae5e60c68e321c843039ec2.jpg

OP
OP
oceanarab

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been thinking that this jebo pump I brought I should just use it for water changes. I been reading some good and bad about it. I rather not gamble with it . What pump do u guys think I should go with for my return pump ???

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been thinking that this jebo pump I brought I should just use it for water changes. I been reading some good and bad about it. I rather not gamble with it . What pump do u guys think I should go with for my return pump ???
I have a dcp-6000 and it's probably the most quiet pump I have ever used. It makes 0 sound, at all.

The DCP series are their new upgraded pumps, released I believe a year ago? For the money, it's kind of like buying a Toyota instead of a Lexus. Its not luxurious or pretty, buts it's dang reliable and will always keep you on the right path.

Given it's Chinese, so are all EcoTech products. EcoTech can claim made in the USA because it's assembled and inspected here, but they use Chinese parts just like every other company out there.

In my humble opinion, the pump is fine. Might not get a decade out of it...but since you're using Amazon you could just 1 day ship a new pump it even buy another one to have on standby since you can loosen the fitting and change the pump with ease.

OP
OP
oceanarab

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dcp-6000 and it's probably the most quiet pump I have ever used. It makes 0 sound, at all.

The DCP series are their new upgraded pumps, released I believe a year ago? For the money, it's kind of like buying a Toyota instead of a Lexus. Its not luxurious or pretty, buts it's dang reliable and will always keep you on the right path.

Given it's Chinese, so are all EcoTech products. EcoTech can claim made in the USA because it's assembled and inspected here, but they use Chinese parts just like every other company out there.

In my humble opinion, the pump is fine. Might not get a decade out of it...but since you're using Amazon you could just 1 day ship a new pump it even buy another one to have on standby since you can loosen the fitting and change the pump with ease.

The pump was giving to me with the purchase of my tank. I was thinking about order another one to have for a back up. Since they were cheap . But was reading reviews and there was lot more salty reviews then sweet.... how long have u had that pump running ?

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump was giving to me with the purchase of my tank. I was thinking about order another one to have for a back up. Since they were cheap . But was reading reviews and there was lot more salty reviews then sweet.... how long have u had that pump running ?
I've been running it for 6 months on my first tank, then another 5 on this tank so far. So a little less than a year. Salty people will always complain, especially if their failure to read instructions is what's causing it.

To fully shut down the pump, you have to unplug the entire pump, not yank the DC adapter from the controller. Failing to shut down the pump properly would most certainly cause demise in just a few short months.

My view is this: It's easy to swap a return pump, no? So if it fails, you can replace it easily. Spending 5x or even 6x on a comparable pump would warrant you buying 5 or 6 jebaos.

One reason people really don't like them is because they rip of technology and skip over the R&D portion because it's done by companies that charge 5x the price. So every time a new company comes out with an easily replicable pump technology, Jebao is there laughing to the bank.

OP
OP
oceanarab

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any ETA on the tank? do week end count for days shipping I wonder?

They say it’s in there warehouse waiting on the freight truck to pick it up. They say Monday coming for Jacksonville FL. I should receive it this week. I’m keeping my finger crossed

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great tank, question on the stand, was it boxed by itself, (not included in the tank box)? Thanks

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back