OP
OP
oceanarab

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful! I ordered the Peninsula 5526. Couple questions if I may. Which freight company delivered your tank and did you open and inspect your tank while the driver was there? How does that work?

Sala freight co. Yes I opened and inspected it while he was there. They supposed to call u a hr before they get there and they didn’t . He called and said I was at your house. And that he couldn’t wait 30min till I got there. I flashed out on him. I called the main office and told them what was going on . They reached out to him and got him in check .

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sala freight co. Yes I opened and inspected it while he was there. They supposed to call u a hr before they get there and they didn’t . He called and said I was at your house. And that he couldn’t wait 30min till I got there. I flashed out on him. I called the main office and told them what was going on . They reached out to him and got him in check .

glad you got that sorted out. nothing worse than trying to inspect something while some guy is in a hurry.

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow I have the same company. I’m bet he was acting all impatient lol. What tools did u need to open up the crate?

Grigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can access everything you need, run with it! My primary concern would be reaching magnets for your powerheads. I guess you could use an adhesive to affix them to outside glass so you can just pull them away for maintenance.

I had better luck with my driver. Called an hour early and was very nice. Was on a busted up old crate, though.... nightmare to get off truck...

OP
OP
oceanarab

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
728e17c36882faeef85f4f645108fae3.jpg
I just sled it out to do my last little touches behind the tank. Before I plumb it. I think I’m going to plumb it and do a water test. If everything goes good . I’m run the RO in it tonight

OP
OP
oceanarab

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can access everything you need, run with it! My primary concern would be reaching magnets for your powerheads. I guess you could use an adhesive to affix them to outside glass so you can just pull them away for maintenance.

I had better luck with my driver. Called an hour early and was very nice. Was on a busted up old crate, though.... nightmare to get off truck...

Did they have a drop gate ? My pallet was broke to pieces

Grigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, there was a drop gate, but only a 4' pallet and it had to be the world's oldest, most rebuilt pallet. It literally fell apart as we attempted to wrestle it out of the truck. Must have taken over 30 minutes to get it down to the driveway. The bottom of both ends of the Waterbox Crate had been destroyed, so when I unpacked the crate I supported those ends by sliding the side underneath. There was NO chance that I was leaving my tank on that crate while I finish tiling...

OP
OP
oceanarab

oceanarab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9df5703d2ff2e56c8cfbcb23f94e3ea9.jpg
overflow has a leak . It’s wasn’t sealed correctly . Almost 4K on the tank and I have to unplumbed it and sealed it myself. It’s not what I was planning to do when I spent a arm and leg on the tank. I really upset about it! It should be running by now. But it’s a set back for me.... I contacted waterbox and they told me I need to seal it.
And for my trouble the want to give me 75bucks I’m like what the heck ! They must not know what it feels to be waiting so long and have this BS to happen . I’m not going to let this bring me down tho.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back