250000 litre pool conversion to reef tank!

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bin out of this hobbie for 10 years and feel I've bin left behind and in the dark!
So much has changed...want to do this one right!
I'm a farm boy!...there will be no fancy words...no fancy diagrams...no fancy engineering!
One thing I am good at is commen sense:)!
I believe a picture is worth 10000 words ...so lots f those will follow!
Oh ya:)!....going to convert my pool after you guys help me setup and successfully run a 225:)!
I'm thinking the pool will be fish only:)!
So for now...in case I misled any of you this is a 1000 litre reef tank in my office with 200 sq ft fish room below in basement.
This is my tank stand and have a second for my sump stand!
Liked these for the storage!

IMG_0486.JPG

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following. This is going to be interesting. That looks like a roll-around tool chest. Being a tool guy, they rust easily, so I'm interested in how you'll keep it from rusting.

EDIT TO ADD:

Pictures added since I started typing....looks like the wheels were taken off the tool chest.

OP
OP
Albertastorm

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following. This is going to be interesting. That looks like a roll-around tool chest. Being a tool guy, they rust easily, so I'm interested in how you'll keep it from rusting.

EDIT TO ADD:

Pictures added since I started typing....looks like the wheels were taken off the tool chest.
Yes:)....it is powder coated and my equipment is down stairs???...hoping it will not rust?

OP
OP
Albertastorm

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be a interesting build:)
Well with your experience and likes I hope it will be a very boring build
Forget about Kitty and Dog, what did you name your kegerator....right next to your chair.....let me guess, Beer!! :eek:
HaHa?...I have bin away from this hobbie way to long:)!
You guys have a great sense of humour!
My daughters worked at a Restraunt where I got kegs for $120 Canadian ...180 beers for $120 Canadian ???...drank beer ...sold keg for $100....

OP
OP
Albertastorm

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be a interesting build:)
I have seen that statement a lot:)!!....do you get paid to say that?....or do you just say that when a farmer from Alberta starts a thread...it's not sarcastic!?
Well with your experience and likes I hope it will be a very boring build

HaHa?...I have bin away from this hobbie way to long:)!
You guys have a great sense of humour!
My daughters worked at a Restraunt where I got kegs for $120 Canadian ...180 beers for $120 Canadian ???...drank beer ...sold keg for $100....

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen that statement a lot:)!!....do you get paid to say that?....or do you just say that when a farmer from Alberta starts a thread...it's not sarcastic!?
That is the .59 cent phrase:), now you want the big money?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my first inteligent question:)!
Sump I'm basement...can I sell protein skimmer....bio reactor and roller filter?
And just use 150 gallons of sump full of macro algae to convert waste?

IMG_0640.JPG
Negative, I think of the equipment (Sump and Roller) as a preventive for Nitrates, Phospates and detritus. Macro Algae and bio pellets is a secondary embankment to pull out what Nitrates and Phosphates get by. Good luck with your build out. Awesome Tank!

OP
OP
Albertastorm

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
fill it up lol, Hope it goes well Good Luck tonight I will have a little Georgia moon shine lol[/QUOTE
This cat is 1 in a million:)!
Laying in bed the other night....toilet flushes...look at girlfriend ...she looks at me....cat comes around corner with smirk on face!...yes the dat flushed the toilet?????
Does it while we are using???

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back