250000 litre pool conversion to reef tank!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try using the mobile site instead of the app and see if that works. There are quite a few different issues with the new site and different OS.

OP
OP
Albertastorm

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooo...turns out water temp makes a HUGE! difference in salinity! 1.029 gos to 1.026 when heated from 50 to 80 degrees! also my DOS takes out 4% more salt water then it puts back for auto water change:( Thus i need to add 1.032 salt water just to keep salinity at 1.026. Let me know if you think my math is wrong please.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooo...turns out water temp makes a HUGE! difference in salinity! 1.029 gos to 1.026 when heated from 50 to 80 degrees! also my DOS takes out 4% more salt water then it puts back for auto water change:( Thus i need to add 1.032 salt water just to keep salinity at 1.026. Let me know if you think my math is wrong please.
I think that it isn’t that the salinity (as in how much salt is in the water) changes. It’s that the temp affects the reading because it it’s a measure of density / specific gravity.

Maybe try something like this?

Use that to measure both the new SW and the tank and just adjust the new stuff to match the level you want.

Tony

OP
OP
Albertastorm

Albertastorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that it isn’t that the salinity (as in how much salt is in the water) changes. It’s that the temp affects the reading because it it’s a measure of density / specific gravity.

Maybe try something like this?

Use that to measure both the new SW and the tank and just adjust the new stuff to match the level you want.

Tony
I kinda get where your coming from but no 1.029 salt water when heated from 50 t0 80 degrees ...goes to 1.026...so when i take into account that my makeup water is 50 degrees and my DOS is 4% shy i need to add 1.032 salt water!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back