320 Gallon SPS Build

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along... Beautiful tank and stand! We're looking forward to seeing your progress. :bigsmile:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well done and I love the scape!

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing

After two tiring days I finally have the tank portion of the plumbing done. I have never plumbeda day in my life other than Teflon tape and threads. With this build everythingis glued together. Originally had leaks in every joint. I then took everythingapart and injected glue in every seam inside and out. Now I have 0 leaks thankgood. The plumbing includes one maintenance port that will drain to basementsump, one outlet for BRS GFO reactor and one outlet for my advast bio pelletreactor that I will be ordering. I know I have a union or two that is reallynot needed but I bought it and already glued it so I just left it.

DSC06512.JPG

DSC06513.JPG

DSC06514.JPG

DSC06515.JPG

DSC06516.JPG

DSC06517.JPG

DSC06518.JPG

DSC06519.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So clean and well thought out.

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a reply to the person interested in the Apollo LED. I didnt click Reply with Quote...Sorry.

I actually had the lights for some time and installed 2of them over my grow out tank. While unable to tell with the eyeball they are unbelievablypowerful. In the attached survey is the PAR rating in the 90 gallon. These aretwo Apollo and one cheap Chinese knock off that I picked up on eBay (for mysump as I will have a small frag in the 320). This is 8' over a 90 gallon with un-cleanedglass lids and water current. The thank is ULNS so the water is very clear.

100led.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woo hoo congrats!

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Update.

Worked out bugs in the sustem. I tweaked my trusty old Bubble Master 250 and have it performing quietly. Plumbing is finalized and the Inline Advast BioPellet reactor is rocking with 1000ML of Pellets. This is with Two Appollo LEDS the other two will be moved over when I tear down the frag tank. Fuge doubles as a live rock and frag space. Ammonia is 1.0 with shrimp cycle.

tankCycling.jpg

filter.jpg

bio.jpg

fuge.jpg

bubblemaster.jpg

lights.jpg

test.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nicetank, enjoyed your thread. Looking forward to your updates.

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read so many builds where people set up amazing tanks just to sell everything a few years later because of the headaches of maintenance. I thought I had a good system of dragging out the hose and using a pump to drain the system and then reverse and drain Water change water back in. Here is my attempt to refine that system;
I will have a small pump installed inside of the overflow that will draw water. This will be achieved by making a small ¾ hole in the side at the top of the over flow and making a Utube out of PVC to the suction of the Pump. The PVC side in the tank will be cut to the appropriate height of the water level with 40 gallons drained. This will be plugged into my Apex and triggered by Cell Phone.
The drain part Is about 50 ft of PVC that is split into one of the 1 ½ overflow drains. It will work by closing the two Ball Valves to the filter s0ck in the tank sump and opening the valve to the basement house sump. Gravity will drain the water to the sump. I would love to hear your ideas if there is a better way.
plumb1.jpg

plumb2.jpg

plumb3.jpg

plumb4.jpg

plumb5.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need to do something like this as well.

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you are well on your way to a great build Definitely following along

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still cycling and the Ammonia is starting to drop so hopefully it will be fish and LPS ready soon. I expect to see coralline to establish before I move SPS. I have two final tasks to complete which is to buy a CA Reactor and Build a Water Change input system. With the CA Reactor I am planning on Geo 624 with 10 gallon tank and AquariumPlants CO2 regulator. The below image is a concept future state of the Water Change System that I will be building soon. Feedback is welcomed on both.

wc_system.jpg

OP
OP
CoralFragZ

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is still showing signs of ammonia so I turned upthe skimmer and will do a water change today. I finalized the plumbing but I am still thinking about adding another Avastreactor in line with the Bio-Pellet for GFO and using the BRS Reactor only forcarbon. I hooked up the Apex and set allof the programming up along with mounting probes.
I ordered another Reeflo Dart for the Water Change systemmentioned above that I will be building. Unfortunately I will not be able to stack Barrels as it has a lower DropCeiling. So I will be doing the samedesign without the Top barrel.
Finally, I have beensearching all over the Net for a Reactor. I had a Geo 624 lined up but never head back from the seller. If you see a deal please let me know. For a new Geo with AP regulator and 10lb
C02 I am looking at $900 new. So I shallwait and see if I can find a sweet deal.

Below are just a few pictures of the plumbing changes andtank cleared up.

32004.jpg

32001.jpg

32002.jpg

32003.jpg

32005.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 111 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back