???

Qbmafia444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 clownfish did about 3 weeks ago from summer me kind of parasite I’m assuming because they had white stein poop and stay near sand bed gasping from m air and not eating. I’ve notice the symptoms and dosed prazipro for 10 days then general cure because it noticed no change I was treating them for 3 weeks prior to them just passing. As I rem we them from tank I noticed body had some white stuff but not dots like ich would show, and one of the clowns had some flesh colored growth under mouth and the other clown had some like black line across the top part of body, however I have a green chromis and a bangi cardinal that are in tank and we’re with clowns but show no signs of any disease at all and as I mentioned it’s been about 3 weeks. I’m just confused as to why my other fish appear normal and is it safe for me to get another pair of clowns?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm following correctly, what you're describing could be a whole host of things like parasites or a bacterial infection. I would say that you need to hold off on any new clowns and see if whatever is in your tank that killed your clowns begins to affect your cardinal and chromis.

If it is ich or something you will need to remove your other fish and let you display Tank go fishless for 72 days. That will end the lifecycle of fishborn illnesses and parasites. The other fish can be put in a separate holding tank and treated with prazipro, copper sulfate, or other medications as needed during that time. Once your Display tank is clear and your fish show zero signs of any illness, you can add them back. You could also get a pair of clowns to go in the quarantine tank with your other fish and treat them with the same medications if they need it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back