374 Gallon Stocking Plan?!

Drummerguydw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, after a few years of my 150, the wifey gave me the go ahead to start planning out our large upgrade.

Among other things like electrical, equipment, lighting ect, I am trying to plan out my fish stocking list. I’m open to suggestions and recommendations. This tank will be SPS, bare bottom, with shelf rock. 374 gallons (96x36x25)

2 Mocha Clownfish
Blue Hippo Tang
Desjardini Sailfin Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Kole Eye Tang
Majestic Foxface
7 Purple Queen Anthias
6 Line Wrasse
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse

All fish will be either self quarantined or purchased from quarantined vendors. Tangs will be juvenile and all added at the same time. Would love more wrasses but not sure on additional options for bare bottom.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, after a few years of my 150, the wifey gave me the go ahead to start planning out our large upgrade.

Among other things like electrical, equipment, lighting ect, I am trying to plan out my fish stocking list. I’m open to suggestions and recommendations. This tank will be SPS, bare bottom, with shelf rock. 374 gallons (96x36x25)

2 Mocha Clownfish
Blue Hippo Tang
Desjardini Sailfin Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Kole Eye Tang
Majestic Foxface
7 Purple Queen Anthias
6 Line Wrasse
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse

All fish will be either self quarantined or purchased from quarantined vendors. Tangs will be juvenile and all added at the same time. Would love more wrasses but not sure on additional options for bare bottom.
The desjardini may be too large even for an 8’ tank but that’s up to you to decide once it grows (by the way, these aren’t slow growers). You may also find the Hippo and PBT have brawls over similar colour and body shape. The rest seems fine in terms of tangs though :)

Why go for just one rabbit? Why not have 2-3 hanging round?
Mixing them is easy - they tend to ignore each other or actually buddy up and swim near each other at all times. I’ve got 2 in a 4’ tank and work around 4-5 in an 8’ frag tank.

Now, the Wrasses do have a few issues. 1st, remove the sixline from the list. I know they do a pest hunting job but they also become nasty towards other rock dwelling species. As for the sand bed, is there any reason specifically as to why it’s going to be bare bottom? This will restrict you on several species of fish and not just wrasses. As for other wrasses, mix in more Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus species. As long as you don’t have 2 specimens of the same species it should be okay :)
In terms of Cirrhilabrus, avoid the Scottorum and Filamentosus complexes.

If you’re 100% set on a bare bottom tank, add a tub of sand (or two) round the back of the tank and then you can have other species of wrasse like the Halichoeres wrasses as well as Anampses and Macropharyngodon species.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2 Mocha Clownfish
Blue Hippo Tang
Desjardini Sailfin Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Kole Eye Tang
Majestic Foxface
7 Purple Queen Anthias
6 Line Wrasse
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse

So theres a thing going around with blonde nasos just dying, @vetteguy53081 would know more. Ive got a regular naso baby and no issues with him. The blonde I had before made it two days then just died, that was months ago. Just food for thought. Blue hippos are pretty chill from what Ive seen of the two Ive had. Powder blue was NASTY!!! Beautiful fish but I had to re home. Murdered a tusk and almost murdered my yellow tang and purple. Powder brown I have now is really chill and beautiful!! :) also a harlequin tusk would be super cool too. Striking fish, mine is very active!

Attachments

• IMG_4033.jpeg
    IMG_4033.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4044.jpeg
    IMG_4044.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3924.jpeg
    IMG_3924.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 16

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So theres a thing going around with blonde nasos just dying, @vetteguy53081 would know more. Ive got a regular naso baby and no issues with him. The blonde I had before made it two days then just died, that was months ago. Just food for thought. Blue hippos are pretty chill from what Ive seen of the two Ive had. Powder blue was NASTY!!! Beautiful fish but I had to re home. Murdered a tusk and almost murdered my yellow tang and purple. Powder brown I have now is really chill and beautiful!! :) also a harlequin tusk would be super cool too. Striking fish, mine is very active!
Powder blue a huge jerk and your powder brown in pic shows injury from tang tail strike or object. Keep an eye on it to assure it’s healing rather than becoming red or infected
Naso tangs for over a year have been coming to LFS and looking stable yet somewhat thin
They may eat at first then stop and slowly weaken and become thin until they perish
Cyanide is suspect but not confirmed

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue a huge jerk and your powder brown in pic shows injury from tang tail strike or object. Keep an eye on it to assure it’s healing rather than becoming red or infected
Naso tangs for over a year have been coming to LFS and looking stable yet somewhat thin
They may eat at first then stop and slowly weaken and become thin until they perish
Cyanide is suspect but not confirmed
Yeah that tail strike was when I first put him in a couple months ago, its healed since :) thank you though!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back