375 Peninsula Tank Build

Tuan Vu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually currently waiting for the tank. It’s a completely custom build by glass cages. Let me see if I can find the drawings.

750D8F66-E951-48E0-9EDA-316B3F09485C.png
Nice! Low iron vs starfire glass? Any comparison? What are your thoughts on external vs internal overflow?

OP
OP
W

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Low iron vs starfire glass? Any comparison? What are your thoughts on external vs internal overflow?
Low iron is Starphire glass. With panels that think there is no way that I would go with anything else. This tank is starphire on all three viewing sides
As far as the overflow, I chose to to go with nothing in the tank. So external overflow fit. The only things that I will ever see in my tank are the returns and intakes for the closed loop and there’s simply no way around those I was not willing to punch the holes I would need to bottom of the tank so they went in the top. I figure since they are not pumps I can just come out with 45° off PVC and angle them any direction I want without worrying too much about pulling in bubbles from the surface so I should be able to get a very minimal amount of return sticking down in the water

OP
OP
W

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what profile did you go with on the T slot? if you dont mind sharing about how much was it?
I did not design this I used a company that designs these professionally and they did a full load analysis on this to make sure everything was good. It is a mixture of 4545 and 4590 the stand cost me right at $1400 shipped for just the metal parts

OP
OP
W

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not design this I used a company that designs these professionally and they did a full load analysis on this to make sure everything was good. It is a mixture of 4545 and 4590 the stand cost me right at $1400 shipped for just the metal parts
The company I used was framing tech out of new York

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back