3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just follow that guys instructions, he said you could scale it up to whatever! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
"Marshall, what are you building now?"
"don't worry about it."
"You know we need the driveway for cars right?"
"this is gonna be way cooler."

i don't see a height, but this should be doable.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"don't worry about it."

You could be like Gibbs and build it in your basement!!!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could be like Gibbs and build it in your basement!!!
my what now? only a crawlspace down there.
I could start small. beam under 5 feet and 15 feet long.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
"don't worry about it."

Hmmm, I think you're leaving out part of the story where you blame those crazy people on R2R.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And where does it go from there? Many people can use modeling cad to extrude shapes. But that's just scratching the surface. It's... never ending. Haha
That is the point I’m trying to make!! You can make big boats!! You can make small glow in the dark flowers and place them on a college campus with instructions on how the flower was printed and a link to the Thingiverse file. Of course close to a trash can, but I’ve never gone back and seen any in the trash or still in the ground.

All of this was after I designed about 50 different things, truly and as honestly as I can say, I am pretty sure I’m about rid of all of it, a large box went to Tennessee, I have a ton , over 100 items that I have posted only in my personal Facebook group which is my local reefing group, who also trades what they have with their friends. ALL of our tanks are awesome. Well mine was, but all theirs are. And now I’m doing nothing more but explaining to them as in depth as I can how to continue what I am doing in hopes there will eventually be more than a small handful of people who will not hide behind the fact that they think they know something, because they have already applied it hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times, aren’t afraid to say it, and also have had a really bad week.

125 gallon reef tank with 20 different types of fish, a 50 gallon aquarium I built from front to back to do exactly what I wanted it to do. Because of this, most people who bought my stuff before I had properly identified pros/cons said “this thing is HUGE” well that is because everything I did was relative to a 6’ space, and 20 fish. If you have a nano tank, I could have absolutely gotten in front of that. These are all items I personally use in my 125. They are relatively large if you do not have a large tank. Most of my items, actually are made specifically for larger tanks with smaller fish. However , since you have a nano tank, and what I offer would be less beneficial to you than someone I know, and have talked to many times about all the things they 3d printed with their nano tank. Would you like me to introduce you? What that does it is allows you to play on both sides of the field at the same time. You are literally a buyer and a seller. You make something that someone in your exact position needs, and you are the single most helpful person for them in this position. Rather than “I can print whatever you need for a fee” which does nothing but make ALL 3D PRINTERS try and hide behind a pay wall of what we do is “so hard” and I’m telling you it will be exactly and only as hard as you make it on yourself. Why? Because I’m literally living through it as I type this , and you are all my friends :)

The world is big, but this is a small fraction of our world. Reefers. People who talk about fish tanks. What I want to do is introduce and hopefully include a , completely new to you, but much easier than anyone wants you to think. Why? Because they took a chance, bought one, learned how easy it was to extort people with it. Then the printer broke and someone who actually wanted it bought it and fixed it. They learned how a printer works. They applied it to one very specific part of an enormous amount of things it can do. And then you have a choice if you want to join the commercial engine that wants to tell you how much what you made for them is worth. This industry is so new, so in depth, and so vast that it attracts two kinds of people. Smart people and stupid people. We don’t take long to identify ourselves from that point, most of you are too busy with your guards up in this sketchy area of this hobby filled with stupid untrustworthy people who have no idea what Brand means, trying to build one. Well here to tell you, before you have any idea what you want your Brand to communicate to people - you must first decide, and always make sure there are other people to remind you, what you had initially promised the hobby as a whole you would continue to do. Let’s please, please continue this discussion. I’m not going anywhere.

I didn’t buy any kind of fragging material, and I continually made new frag racks for no other reason than I could for Pennies and they looked cooler than anything I could buy for any amount of money at the time.

All of this, and by the time I was done, I was buying nori, salt, frozen food, and finally just enjoying my fish tank. It was a self sufficient process, but I had help every single step of the way from this literal forum which I respect to highly.

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And guess what 3D printers, this is our little part of the forum. Other people can come and ask, they are more than welcome to receive help. If you start to seem like you are acting like something you don’t know, this is what I believe the only responsible enough place to politely remind you that I am not your enemy I want to be your friend and more importantly I want to be your best friend. I don’t know how else to promise you from the deepest darkest part of my heart is all I have ever wanted to do, since buy a 3d printer, is have a nice place to talk to people about what I have specifically chosen to do with mine. Not who is best at what. I don’t care, but the people do will naturally just go other places. Then we can use this forum as more importantly this specific thread as a place where people at any point In their journey, who are truly just asking for help, but not really sure how to go about it. What kind of help did I need well I’m not really sure, and what kind of help I’ll get. Again I’m not really sure. But all I have wanted since April of 2023 is a nice, unbiased place to ask people their honest to god opinion so I don’t ever have to feel like this again. And I mean ever.

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wanting to see if anyone would have said "thank you" or something nice to me for uploading a bunch of .stl files for anyone with a 3d printer and understanding the 3d printing process enough to know that as long as it is on thingiverse there are laws that say what you are legally allowed to do with it, and then releasing myself from any liability of any of it and showing you all how greedy youve become. i havent had a single person other than Andrew Rider, who I have no idea who he is, talk to me about how happily hes been printing all of these and thank god there is one person i can enjoy them with. and then show all of you how instead of thinking "wow that was nice" i cant even get time to now go through and show how i use them because of how many people are just trying to be mean to me on purpose. I honestly can not at this point tell what I have done wrong, but if someone can tell me I promise anyone I will go away. I am still , just on a forum , looking for help about 3d printed stuff.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the point I’m trying to make!! You can make big boats!! You can make small glow in the dark flowers and place them on a college campus with instructions on how the flower was printed and a link to the Thingiverse file. Of course close to a trash can, but I’ve never gone back and seen any in the trash or still in the ground.

All of this was after I designed about 50 different things, truly and as honestly as I can say, I am pretty sure I’m about rid of all of it, a large box went to Tennessee, I have a ton , over 100 items that I have posted only in my personal Facebook group which is my local reefing group, who also trades what they have with their friends. ALL of our tanks are awesome. Well mine was, but all theirs are. And now I’m doing nothing more but explaining to them as in depth as I can how to continue what I am doing in hopes there will eventually be more than a small handful of people who will not hide behind the fact that they think they know something, because they have already applied it hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times, aren’t afraid to say it, and also have had a really bad week.

125 gallon reef tank with 20 different types of fish, a 50 gallon aquarium I built from front to back to do exactly what I wanted it to do. Because of this, most people who bought my stuff before I had properly identified pros/cons said “this thing is HUGE” well that is because everything I did was relative to a 6’ space, and 20 fish. If you have a nano tank, I could have absolutely gotten in front of that. These are all items I personally use in my 125. They are relatively large if you do not have a large tank. Most of my items, actually are made specifically for larger tanks with smaller fish. However , since you have a nano tank, and what I offer would be less beneficial to you than someone I know, and have talked to many times about all the things they 3d printed with their nano tank. Would you like me to introduce you? What that does it is allows you to play on both sides of the field at the same time. You are literally a buyer and a seller. You make something that someone in your exact position needs, and you are the single most helpful person for them in this position. Rather than “I can print whatever you need for a fee” which does nothing but make ALL 3D PRINTERS try and hide behind a pay wall of what we do is “so hard” and I’m telling you it will be exactly and only as hard as you make it on yourself. Why? Because I’m literally living through it as I type this , and you are all my friends :)

The world is big, but this is a small fraction of our world. Reefers. People who talk about fish tanks. What I want to do is introduce and hopefully include a , completely new to you, but much easier than anyone wants you to think. Why? Because they took a chance, bought one, learned how easy it was to extort people with it. Then the printer broke and someone who actually wanted it bought it and fixed it. They learned how a printer works. They applied it to one very specific part of an enormous amount of things it can do. And then you have a choice if you want to join the commercial engine that wants to tell you how much what you made for them is worth. This industry is so new, so in depth, and so vast that it attracts two kinds of people. Smart people and stupid people. We don’t take long to identify ourselves from that point, most of you are too busy with your guards up in this sketchy area of this hobby filled with stupid untrustworthy people who have no idea what Brand means, trying to build one. Well here to tell you, before you have any idea what you want your Brand to communicate to people - you must first decide, and always make sure there are other people to remind you, what you had initially promised the hobby as a whole you would continue to do. Let’s please, please continue this discussion. I’m not going anywhere.

I didn’t buy any kind of fragging material, and I continually made new frag racks for no other reason than I could for Pennies and they looked cooler than anything I could buy for any amount of money at the time.

All of this, and by the time I was done, I was buying nori, salt, frozen food, and finally just enjoying my fish tank. It was a self sufficient process, but I had help every single step of the way from this literal forum which I respect to highly.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wanting to see if anyone would have said "thank you" or something nice to me for uploading a bunch of .stl files for anyone with a 3d printer and understanding the 3d printing process enough to know that as long as it is on thingiverse there are laws that say what you are legally allowed to do with it, and then releasing myself from any liability of any of it and showing you all how greedy youve become. i havent had a single person other than Andrew Rider, who I have no idea who he is, talk to me about how happily hes been printing all of these and thank god there is one person i can enjoy them with. and then show all of you how instead of thinking "wow that was nice" i cant even get time to now go through and show how i use them because of how many people are just trying to be mean to me on purpose. I honestly can not at this point tell what I have done wrong, but if someone can tell me I promise anyone I will go away. I am still , just on a forum , looking for help about 3d printed stuff.
Who's being mean to you?

Coming from a guy that put a bunch of stl files out for public consumption with the intent to help reefers, then to realize that people are selling my design for a profit is demoralizing to say the least. I actually pulled a lot of my files because of that.

What you're doing is a thankless task, sure there's people that are appreciative but thats a deminishing high.

If you thought (figuratively) that after submitting your files that people were going to hoist you up on their shoulders and sing your praises... I think you read the room wrong.

There are plenty of folks on here that can extrude shapes and convert them into stl's.

Take comfort in the fact that you're contributing like all the others to the list and take pride in that.

I don't think that this is the platform to build your brand. Just in this thread alone, there are a lot of people that have done what you did. That shouldn't be taken as an insult, but rather a statement to say, you're among your kind.

You're now part of a pool of people that reefers with 3d printers can turn to for a specific design.

I can't tell you how many messages I get for a one off design for a specific need, and I will design and share the file (for free). Most of the time I get a thank you, but that's not what motivates me to do it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back