OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a 6 stage RODI system in my basement and ran a 1/4 inch tube that will go directly into the sump with a float valve.

Can't wait to put my lights on and finally play with them. 2 more Radion Pros, 1 more MP40 and 2 MP60's on the way.

This is the Vertex reactor I will be running my bio-pellets in.

Moon lights and I know this is over kill, but I wanted to put this Reef Brite over my Refugium and have it be able to light up most of the stand.

I used this on my 120. Acclimation Box from Elite Aquatics. These are worth every penny.

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first attempt at trying to aqua-scape without just stacking them. I picked up some acrylic rods today and I was surprised at how cheap they were. $3.00 for 6 foot lengths, 3/8 in diameter. I had them cut them in half for me. Can't wait to get this going!

Peterock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red bull AND Beer!?! Suprised they haven't run you outta town yet ;)

Tank and stand look great. Looking forward to seeing this full.

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spoken with several people who have Leemar tanks and a few people told me that the acrylic lids will sometimes start to bow. I ended up going to an acrylic manufacture today and got a couple pieces of acrylic cut and glued them on the inside of the lids to help prevent them from bending over time.

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elite Aquatics sent me a picture of my custom sump this afternoon. It's not finished yet, it's looking awesome. I love their work! I'll post some more pictures of it when I pick it up in a few days.

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my skimmer today... This thing is huge! And yes, we went to Dairy Queen for dinner. Sorry about the mess in the pic haha

DC pump for the skimmer and I can adjust the flow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my Loc-line hose parts for my returns. I have 4 returns and will be splitting each one off into the tank for a total of 8. $150 for this stuff... Why didn't I invent this?

I got 40 feet of 1/4 inch tubing for my Vertex Libra Dosser and the float valves for my R/O line that will drip into the sump. I ordered this stuff from Bulk Reef Supply. I was going to do colored tubing, but I decided I wanted to be able to see my Alk/Mag/Cal in the tube.

gunguy05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my Loc-line hose parts for my returns. I have 4 returns and will be splitting each one off into the tank for a total of 8. $150 for this stuff... Why didn't I invent this?

You don't know how many times I have said that about a number of different things in life.

Things are looking great glad it's moving along well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back