400 Gallon Starfire Build - Mixed Reef

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful pics, man! I love that banded angel!

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be my new fave tank! Love your fish selection. Do you have any tips on keeping the banded angel?

Obviously, my personal opinion, but I think the key is at least 2 feedings per day. I don't do dry foods, I do Mysis/blood worms on one feeding and LRS on another. Sometimes I'll do Rods and LRS.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously, my personal opinion, but I think the key is at least 2 feedings per day. I don't do dry foods, I do Mysis/blood worms on one feeding and LRS on another. Sometimes I'll do Rods and LRS.

He ate from the start or you had to get him to eat? Tanks amazing. Pyramids are awesome!

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He ate in the beginning. I would never buy an expensive fish if they weren't eating. I would risk a cheap $100 fish though lol

I feel you. Did you purchase him from a LFS or from a particular company?

679x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures are among the most beautiful I've seen of a reef tank. Amazing. I'd love to see a full tank shot when you get the chance.

But, I must ask you... if you don't mind sharing, how much has this system cost? Of course, you don't have to tell us :)

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures are among the most beautiful I've seen of a reef tank. Amazing. I'd love to see a full tank shot when you get the chance.

But, I must ask you... if you don't mind sharing, how much has this system cost? Of course, you don't have to tell us :)

I actually don't mind sharing, because no one knows who I am lol. Equipment, tank and stand I'm about 20k. I've probably spent another 20K on livestock. I do get bored and get rid of fish and rip corals out and replace with different ones all the time.

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't mind sharing, because no one knows who I am lol. Equipment, tank and stand I'm about 20k. I've probably spent another 20K on livestock. I do get bored and get rid of fish and rip corals out and replace with different ones all the time.

Some of us know who he is and his statement above is 100% accurate. :) He might even be a nice guy on top of all of that. lol Don't tell him I told you all though! :p

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back