5gl Nem tank?

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as my RBTA splits (and heals), I had plans on adding it to my 5g (just set up 1.5 weeks ago with media/rock from established tank.) While this thread is giving me pause, I still think I want to do it. Ping me in ~2 months and we'll see how it went. :D

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as my RBTA splits (and heals), I had plans on adding it to my 5g (just set up 1.5 weeks ago with media/rock from established tank.) While this thread is giving me pause, I still think I want to do it. Ping me in ~2 months and we'll see how it went. :D
Goodluck and let me know how it goes!

ghurlag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m definitely listening lol cause that’s the only way to learn besides through experience and some of those situations I’d prefer to avoid lol so I’m def listening and taking it all to heart! It’s the only reason my tank has survived for this long lol. But how long did it take for you RBTA to crash? I’m only asking because I’ve only had my tank for 3 months, I know that’s a short time but I thought I had my tank for 6 months for some reason and now I have a RBTA, 2 actually, a big one and one that’s the size of my pinky nail so very tiny, and they’ve been in my tank for about a month now! They seem happy, they are both fully open, the big one stretches out and I’d like to keep it that way
My 10 gallon has been up for 3 years, with RBTAs in it for 1.5 years. In my case, there were really a couple things that caused the crash. The biggest was a move last summer, followed by less than meticulous maintenance. Couple that with adding a new CUC to replenish for attrition, and that's when things started to go bad. I can't pinpoint any one thing other than my lack of maintenance as a primary cause, though...

And I'm offering my experience for others to learn from. The plan all along has been to eventually upgrade to a larger tank. Even after my Nuvo 25 Lagoon build, I'll be planning for a much bigger tank in my basement, so in my mind at least I'm not justifying keeping nems in too small a tank for too long. But that's not really a fool proof plan. :)

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 10 gallon has been up for 3 years, with RBTAs in it for 1.5 years. In my case, there were really a couple things that caused the crash. The biggest was a move last summer, followed by less than meticulous maintenance. Couple that with adding a new CUC to replenish for attrition, and that's when things started to go bad. I can't pinpoint any one thing other than my lack of maintenance as a primary cause, though...

And I'm offering my experience for others to learn from. The plan all along has been to eventually upgrade to a larger tank. Even after my Nuvo 25 Lagoon build, I'll be planning for a much bigger tank in my basement, so in my mind at least I'm not justifying keeping nems in too small a tank for too long. But that's not really a fool proof plan. :)
I’ve always wanted a lagoon! I think my next tank when I move and settle down with be a lagoon! I’d love to have a 125-150gl lagoon if that’s even a thing!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back