93% of the great barrier reef is practically dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the sun burns hotter..........................Earths surface gets warmer. We are still within the 2 degree margin since recording has been taking place. And its a needle in a haystack compared to the age of the earth.
The way I see it, we are keeping the species alive be trading, fragging, selling etc. And we are learning the needs of these animals at a tremendous rate.
Also, there are reefs that are thriving!!!! And growing tremendously! And we must remember.....
GOD IS IN COMPLETE CONTROL!!!! ;););););););)

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a chance for recovery, and fortunately seems to be happening. No offense here, but Huffington Post tends to get pretty sensational.

Reading other articles tells that a lot of the reefs are involved, but not all are dead or practically dead. They are bleaching and not RTNing and immediately dying from what I have found.

This article explains the bleaching event

http://www.coralwatch.org/web/guest/coral-bleaching

and this article shows some real numbers, still not sparkly rainbows and puppies, but certainly not the end of times either.

http://www.coralcoe.org.au/media-re...reat-barrier-reef-has-avoided-coral-bleaching

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unavoidable, and the hobby will never fix it.
Mars? Ya, that's what Earth will look like soon enough, we humans are just accelerating it.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing that is disturbing to me is how little press coverage this is getting. The good thing as others have mentioned is that the corals are bleaching, and a bleached coral may recover it's symbiotic algae and recover over time. Also, this is a hobby that goes hand in hand with science and it's my wish that people would keep their religious views to themselves as there is really no place for them in this discussion. Global warming is also an issue of science and very real consequences.

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wishing & hoping ain't gonna fix it. And global warming doesn't mean the sun is burning hotter. smh!!!

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really, then please school me.....
Because the way I see it the environmentalists are killing our country and our jobs that families need. For every one coal plant we close down, China, Pakistan etc etc open several more. W
hen obama approached them on this they told him to bite off.....no one has the answer to why greenhouse gasses are rising. I'm Betting the sun putting off more heat has a great deal to do with it...

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted
Accidentally ended up derailing the thred

Last edited:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again with the lazy reporting and agenda to find another way to tax people for just being alive. Carbon tax anyone? Like since when has a tax fixed anything? Since when has government driven science fixed more than it broke? Lets just take a look at how much a forest fire or volcano increases the carbon foot print and compare it to human activity....many magnitudes larger...but you can't sell newspapers and raise taxes on natural sources of carbon.

ScoobyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its like i say, we go to our tank and wash and prewash and double think if we washed it enough to stick our hands in, but aah we go outside throw pesticides to control our "weed problems" buttloads of detergents to wash our cars, throw all sorts of nasty stuff down the drain. I mean where do people think all this ends up? man ive seen people changing their anti freeze and all the craps flowing down the drain, oil , tar, chemicals. Thats just people, the pollution companies do is beyond amazing.

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oscaror,
First off, these are all theories you have cited. wheres the uncorrupted data? Wheres the proof??
Theories from corrupted scientists that want more money from the federal government. This is the same problem with our liberal colleges now. They drill this nonsense into everyones heads, get them up to their eyeballs in debt, then send them off to...................................NO JOBS!!!! Because having any manufacturing here will send more greenhouse gasses into the air. SO OFF TO CHINA GOES THE JOBS!!!
But guess what.........................SAME AIR!!! Same planet!!!! We have to work. SO WE DO THE BEST WE CAN........................and if your walking with God he steps in and makes it work. God has done it for me time and again. Miracles? Sure I would call them that..........some people would call it..........luck or good timing.
Hmmmm, so we pray to God but then we handle the problems ourselves????LOL!!!
What about when the apostles wanted to feed all the people but only had enough bread for a few people. Hmmmm, did they run out and make some more??? Did they go fishing again??? NOPE!!! God provided it!!
So we can pray for people, but many times thats all me can do. Many times(WITH MY GOD) THAT ALL THATS NEEDED!!!
Oh, and if my God cannot hear me.............SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG...THE SPIRIT OF GOD DWELLS INSIDE ME. GOD KNOWS ALL AND SEE'S ALL!!!
YOU worry too much. This is from LACK OF FAITH. Dont worry, its a sin and wont do you a bit of good.
Too many cows????.........................LOL!!! I LOVE COWS!!!! I LOVE ALL ANIMALS!!! THERE REALLY TASTY TOO................................LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back