A little about me plus an awesome find...

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Well, to keep things short, I started my tank this past June and kind of got hooked on zoas because our club fragged them and gave them away at two different meetings. :) Fun stuff! I'm now considering doing like a 24g biocube with sea horses and zoas... but we'll see.

Anyway, our LFS got in some really nice zoa rocks last week and I was able to pickup a full colony of Eagle Eyes (at least 100 polyps) and a small colony (probably 30 polyps or so) of radioactive dragons eyes for $39! I was pretty pumped!

My camera sucks, and I need better lighting, but here's what I got:

There's a couple of other colonies in the picture, but I think you can easily see which ones are which. :)

Just thought I'd share!

Brandon

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club Brandon.

Your zoas look nice but your rock work is really interesting. Do you have a full tank shot? I would really like to see those cliffs in full view.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"interesting" is a good term for them... lol. I decided to do a 45G tall, not realizing I would later hate the 12" depth. :)

I actually don't have a recent (IE, since the last aquascape change) pic, so this will be my excuse to get one. :) I'll try to take some tomorrow and post.

Brandon

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my comment was misunderstood. When I said interesting I meant that I am interested in seeing more. I haven't seen a ledge like that before.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back