About to start copper, tips?

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to start copper treatment for 2 blenny and 2 fire fish. Going to be using copper power and aiming for a 2.0 ppm, tested with Hannah checker. Ramp up over a 5-7 day period and treat for ~30 days. Am I missing anything? I know the fish will lose appetite and one of the blennies isn’t eating steadily in front of me yet and hiding when I go into my fish room. Should I hold off on copper until he’s eating? The other 3 fish have been eating medicated foods with General cure and focus.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check this chart first.

I use this quarantine method:

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideally fish going into copper should be eating. Is the blenny sick with ich or anything?

If just doing a prophylactic quarantine treatment then maybe you can afford to wait a few days.

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideally fish going into copper should be eating. Is the blenny sick with ich or anything?

If just doing a prophylactic quarantine treatment then maybe you can afford to wait a few days.
The blenny that’s not eating is a bicolor. I don’t think he’s sick or anything just skittish. I’ll see him out when I first walk into fish room but as soon as I head into room he hides behind sponge filter. When I offer food I use a pipette to blow some food near him but haven’t seen him eat anything yet. But I leave the room in hopes he will come out and feed when I’m not standing there. I’ve been observing for about 3 days and haven’t noticed any signs of disease on any of the fish yet.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont understand the point of ramping personally. Get them in and get them out. I drop the fish in at 1.0 and at 24 hrs bring to 2.0.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 183 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back