Acclimating Fish

Raineforrest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the best practices as far as acclimation boxes? Should they be used with all livestock entering the tank? Should corals be put in the acclimation box? How long should livestock be left in the acclimation box before being fully introduced to the tank? Any other expert advice?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What are the best practices as far as acclimation boxes? Should they be used with all livestock entering the tank? Should corals be put in the acclimation box? How long should livestock be left in the acclimation box before being fully introduced to the tank? Any other expert advice?
Acclimations boxes are best used for pre-introduction and should not replace quarantine. it allows other occupants to become acquainted with new occupant and also to see if there is a potential fish that will oppose the new arrival.

OP
OP
Raineforrest

Raineforrest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimations boxes are best used for pre-introduction and should not replace quarantine. it allows other occupants to become acquainted with new occupant and also to see if there is a potential fish that will oppose the new arrival.
I have noticed people saying that they will take fish back to the LFS. Is it common practice for them to accept them back if there is a problem during the introduction process?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have noticed people saying that they will take fish back to the LFS. Is it common practice for them to accept them back if there is a problem during the introduction process?
That will vary store by store as some wont due to risk of disease coming into their systems or offer 1/3 of what you paid

OP
OP
Raineforrest

Raineforrest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will vary store by store as some wont due to risk of disease coming into their systems or offer 1/3 of what you paid
Thanks for the info! I will definitely have to keep that in mind and make sure that I do research on any livestock that I might choose to add.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 177 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back