Adding coral/frags

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have other fish that I would rather stick my tank with. The sad part about having a small tank is that my stock will be small ☹️ but I would like 2 clowns and a Boston bean box fish.

But that is a really good idea for your clowns! Let me know how that goes. And is a nem an anemone? Do you order from battle corals online? I am looking into doing a pack from wwc when I decide to get corals. I would get free shipping on orders over $200 and we all know that doesn't take long to add up, so worth it to me. My LFS did have much a variation that I liked. Only a red zoa that was super pretty, but small and expensive.

makes sense. Yeah you are limited on the smaller tank. You know, if you start a bigger tank now by the time your other tank is full your new tank would be cycled :angel:

Yes, I meant anemone. I've found certain on line places are best for specific corals. Each place I shop generally has certain things they specialize in. Battle corals do sps.

https://battlecorals.com/collections/signature-battle-corals?sort_by=title-ascending

Most offer free shipping past a certain point, which I always take advantage of. I've shopped wwc but never bought. They do have some really nice stuff. Kinda pricy though. So when I get to the point I want something unusual I might go through them. Starting this new tank I have plenty to add.

I used to manually top off my 40 gal frag tank because I didn't want to spend the 200 on another tunze ato. Definitely more fun things to spend money on. But I'd stress every time I went out of town for the weekend. Not to mention it's a pain after awhile to manually top of. And some things might not like the variation in salinity if you aren't on top of it. But that is definitely good purchase. Just don't buy a cheap one.

OP
OP
kasik64

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to get a larger tank in the future, but with plans to sell my condo, I wouldn't want that kind of stress to move a large tank or put my tank through that kind of stress.

I'm still not absolutely sure if I want to get an ato since I do weekly water changes and check my tank daily. However I may need a skimmer once my stock is larger I feel.

OP
OP
kasik64

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my wc and cleaning today:

Image1488055390.311448.jpg

My parameters are the same, will give it time to cycle and test again tomorrow morning.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back