Advice on tank size / placement in open plan dining room

loops123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

After 12 years of being absent from the hobby, I want back in :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

We've been trying to figure out where the best spot would be without making the space look crammed.
The best we could come up with was a 6ft x 24" x 24" as shown in the image and move the dining table more towards the wall.

I'm really keen on your guys' thoughts and if / how you'd do it differently.

I'm pretty sure there are a ton of things I might not be taking into consideration.

Thanks!!

20240130_014916_2.png

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally it was supposed so be, but never installed one. So now it's basically just hole we tried to cover up. Tank would cover it up even better haha.
Oh ok then that spot would do just fine. I think the wall on the left side would work as well it’s more your preference than anything else. Both spots look to be away from windows which is a plus too. The only other consideration to me would be how much traffic that room had every day. Will there be small children running through there playing swords etc? lol

OP
OP
loops123

loops123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok then that spot would do just fine. I think the wall on the left side would work as well it’s more your preference than anything else. Both spots look to be away from windows which is a plus too. The only other consideration to me would be how much traffic that room had every day. Will there be small children running through there playing swords etc? lol

Thanks! I'm glad to hear there are no major issues that stand out.

Haha! There is very little traffic in general; the only time it can get slightly busy is when we have friends over once or twice a month... and up until now, no sword fights have broken out.

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of support is under that? Being in the middle of the house from what I can see, you may need to add supports under it depending on the construction.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back