agent462

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and No.

Ich requires lower flow. If you have lower flow, it will kill anything that can be killed at higher flow. I just keep it at low flow.

OP
OP
agent462

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent Sonny a bunch of pictures through PM I had taken earlier. When I got back from the vacation my tank was angry at me.

I did something that was not smart and adjusted my calcium reactor about the week before I left. I'm just so used to tinkering with something almost everyday and didn't even think of the coming up vacation. I came home to low alk and ph. I lost a few nice pieces, some are recovering and some weren't affected.

I've updated my Reef Candy thread a little with some pieces. If you have not checked that out, it's in my signature. I usually reserve this thread for tank/system updates.

Lesson learned: Before adjusting anything think if you are going to be around next week first.

OP
OP
agent462

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tile for the tank stand.

IMG_5967.JPG

OP
OP
agent462

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a dark brown glass. Since the backing board, glue, tile are going to create a lip at the top those are going to be placed on top of the lip. I'm then going to caulk the between the bottom tank rim and these so water can't get behind. I've never tiled..so this should be fun..

hawkfishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of warranty do you get with that size rimless? i love it, but i'm always paraniod about the lack of bracing?

OP
OP
agent462

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The warranty from Miracles on my tank is 5 years. If you get it from a reputable tank maker, you shouldn't need to worry. In their words my tank is overbuilt. It gives them piece of mind knowing they're delivering a tank that is going to last.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GOOD LUCK!!! they haven't been around all that long.

I have my 3rd tank from Miracles, a 72x36x22 Rimless coming in about a week and couldn't be happier. Before this tank I had a 48x24x20 Rimless from Miracles that was up for over two years, with no issues what so ever. I have seen almost every major tank brand in the USA and can confidently say that Miracles builds the best. Derek and co. at Miracles have a customer for life. :D

OP
OP
agent462

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 3rd tank from Miracles, a 72x36x22 Rimless coming in about a week and couldn't be happier. Before this tank I had a 48x24x20 Rimless from Miracles that was up for over two years, with no issues what so ever. I have seen almost every major tank brand in the USA and can confidently say that Miracles builds the best. Derek and co. at Miracles have a customer for life. :D
yeah when did 21-22 years of building aquariums become not long. I'll be a customer for life for sure.

hawkfishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i misunderstood them they have been building rimless tanks for about 7yrs and they told me any rimless over 200gal. comes with a 1yr warrany?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back