Aggressive goby and fire shrimp

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I purchased 3 gobies yellow clown, and green clown along with tiger watchman. I put the female in a breeder box overnight since she terrorized the other tiger goby (who’s dead now). But overnight I let him settle down and he has his own little spot behind my plant. The male clownfish is very well mannered and doesn’t mind any of the fish. I let the female out to test and see what’d she do and it wasn’t that bad as she usually is. She asserted her dominance with the smaller gobies but I believe the yellow one nipped at her back, and doesn’t move at all when she nips his I think that it doesn’t hurt him since he goes back to his business like nothing happened . the tiger watchman is aggressive only towards her if she gets too close to his spot, he has a liking for the other fish just not her. He has been burrowing earlier.

I also noticed the fire shrimp attacked the female at first I didn’t think he actually attacked her but he did. He did once to the male but doesn’t attack him anymore. The fire shrimp has his own little cave where he spends most of his time except nighttime.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I purchased 3 gobies yellow clown, and green clown along with tiger watchman. I put the female in a breeder box overnight since she terrorized the other tiger goby (who’s dead now). But overnight I let him settle down and he has his own little spot behind my plant. The male clownfish is very well mannered and doesn’t mind any of the fish. I let the female out to test and see what’d she do and it wasn’t that bad as she usually is. She asserted her dominance with the smaller gobies but I believe the yellow one nipped at her back, and doesn’t move at all when she nips his I think that it doesn’t hurt him since he goes back to his business like nothing happened . the tiger watchman is aggressive only towards her if she gets too close to his spot, he has a liking for the other fish just not her. He has been burrowing earlier.

I also noticed the fire shrimp attacked the female at first I didn’t think he actually attacked her but he did. He did once to the male but doesn’t attack him anymore. The fire shrimp has his own little cave where he spends most of his time except nighttime.
Fire shrimp will clean fish, him “attacking” the fish was probably him attempting to clean him. Like the shrimp with the french accent in finding nemo if youve seen that

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back