What are good tankmates for my two clowns?

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15 gal with two clowns one fire shrimp and two clown gobies one yellow, one green. I desperately want another fish but my female clownfish is a butthole. She sometimes bullies the shrimp but its not that bad not bad enough that he comfortably comes out for feeding and comfortably molts every few weeks. Same as the gobies except sometimes I spot the yellow goby on the clownfish territory. Are there any other tankmates I can get? Or I am done. I had a two tiger watchman gobies, one died so we got another and the second died again so wer'e not trying those again unless it's a bigger tank. But since fire shrimps are small could I get another?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 15 gal with two clowns one fire shrimp and two clown gobies one yellow, one green. I desperately want another fish but my female clownfish is a butthole. She sometimes bullies the shrimp but its not that bad not bad enough that he comfortably comes out for feeding and comfortably molts every few weeks. Same as the gobies except sometimes I spot the yellow goby on the clownfish territory. Are there any other tankmates I can get? Or I am done. I had a two tiger watchman gobies, one died so we got another and the second died again so wer'e not trying those again unless it's a bigger tank. But since fire shrimps are small could I get another?
Clowns are territorial and its often add with caution. A firefish goby and even pajama cardinal would be a good addition but you will be at or near capacity. With rocks and objects in the tank, you likely have about 11-12 useable gallons

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are territorial and its often add with caution. A firefish goby and even pajama cardinal would be a good addition but you will be at or near capacity. With rocks and objects in the tank, you likely have about 11-12 useable gallons
Thank you! But do you think she will attack that especially that it swims or should I get two to distract her

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are already really pushing it with 2 clowns in a 15G.

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me personally, I wouldn't risk it in a 15 gallon. As others have said, clowns can be very territorial. Whichever fish distracts her will have a ruff life lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you! But do you think she will attack that especially that it swims or should I get two to distract her
As mentioned about useable gallons, and tank running well, I would not risk it

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back