olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running sumpless system, my algae reactor connected inline with eheim
External filter, you can use pump from sump or main tank. My current flow 60gal/h, I'm planing to
upgrade to bigger unit to about 250gal/h.
My main target to export po4 via harvesting cheato rather then gfo , purigen and so on . I still have some
Gha in my main tank, I was planing to introduce Tomini tang to help me but specimen I got is very small, was bullied by my clowns. Tomini in spare tank now doing some growing up. I'll run tank as it is for next 2 month, i done some reading and as soon as po4 will start depleting it will take some adjustment .

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered mine says March delivery hope it comes a lot sooner. But I will update once I get it in place.

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im so glad that you doing this cuz I was debating with myself to get it or not and was concern bout the long term goal. Are you planning to dose your tank?

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered mine says March delivery hope it comes a lot sooner. But I will update once I get it in place.
Hi, I think there is work going on upgrading led light unit, apart that I wouldn't know why it's taking so long. I'm planing to upgrade my to hydroponics one, but I'm struggling to get parts , most of eBay suppliers in china off for new year.

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im so glad that you doing this cuz I was debating with myself to get it or not and was concern bout the long term goal. Are you planning to dose your tank?
Hi, personally I'm not planing any dosing at the moment. I'm running simple setup with few softies, I'm doing 5-10% weekly water changes and I think that's covering my needs.

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Done some light upgrade, heatsink from old CPU , hydroponic led from ebay, 16mm copper pipe from diy store, plastic spacer from soap bottle cost me about 5$.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is this the new change that is going to be shipping out? If so I'm glade I waited a little while.

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is this the new change that is going to be shipping out? If so I'm glade I waited a little while.
this is what i done myself, clear tides working on there own light upgrade, but i belie it will be something similar copper or aluminium main body with heat sink, but better looking i hope :)) don't know if its going to be day or hydroponics.

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get a message saying they are using a titanium rod for better heat sink and maybe they chose that for rust proof. But not sure on lights used.

If your lights were working good why switch them out?

ksanfranfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm wondering. If the lights were working with what seemed like very good results, why change them.

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one i got was based on plastic pipe, so no heat removal. unit was running hot so i was afraid that with time it will effect acrylic pipe,
so i done upgrade myself rather than waiting for CT, i suggested to them that they need light upgrade and they agreed, i notice that price went up since they start using titanium rod :) hydroponics comes from algae scrubber past, i looks that everybody using red and blue so i give it a go.
im planing to build 100gal shallow tank this autumn, before that i want to find out best flow/ light/ skimming combination
if it wont work out with red/blue its easy to change back.

highendofthelow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @olegaz,

I'm looking to purchase one of these myself but im slightly perplexed as to how you hook them up,

It looks like there is only one inlet? On a of the photos i've seen (admittedly few)

Could you take a top down shot im trying to figure out how to hook it up. (I was hoping it would be a feed pump in and a outlet) like a conventional reactor.

Unless I'm being dense.

Cheers
Luke!

Edit: looks like there's a drain at the bottom

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12mm at the top,
No pump with my, you can ask them if they can supply pump for you . I admit they need more photos on ebay . image.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back