All fish died of ich

Clown93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my fish died of ich my tank is now fishless how long do I need too keep it fishless? Until the parasite dies off anyone please

tobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my fish died of ich my tank is now fishless how long do I need too keep it fishless? Until the parasite dies off anyone please
I believe it’s 76 days unless you raise the temperature to 80.6, then I think it drops to 4 weeks for ich.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Clown93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it’s 76 days unless you raise the temperature to 80.6, then I think it drops to 4 weeks for ich.
Thanks alot but if I still have corals in my tank won't that high of a temp stress them out? And will the parasite stay on my corals?

Upvote 0

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot but if I still have corals in my tank won't that high of a temp stress them out? And will the parasite stay on my corals?
81F should be fine for corals, but if you're uncomfortable with it, then just do the 60-76 days.

Yes, the parasite is still in your tank, and will remain in the tank on various things (like your rocks, corals, inverts, etc.) for a while - waiting the 60-76 days ensures that the parasite has died off before fish are added again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Clown93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
81F should be fine for corals, but if you're uncomfortable with it, then just do the 60-76 days.

Yes, the parasite is still in your tank, and will remain in the tank on various things (like your rocks, corals, inverts, etc.) for a while - waiting the 60-76 days ensures that the parasite has died off before fish are added again.
Thanks alot for the help

Upvote 0

tobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the corals would be alright.
Ich can’t survive without a fish in the tank on or off the corals is my understanding.

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back