Anemone Hiding

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I got a rose bubble tip anemone about a week ago now and after day one he moved under a rock (shown in picture) I thought he’d come out into the light in a couple days but he hasn’t moved. Is it still acclimating or should I be concerned? All of my other corals are doing great (mix of softies and LPS) Any advice/input is greatly appreciated!

IMG_3439.jpeg

bta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have 4 of these disobedient little kids I gave up trying to put them where I want them. Yes they go missing for weeks then one day there it is. I use the flow technique to move them just adjust the direction of flow seems to do the trick. I would leave him be and settle in at the moment they won't be rushed

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems can take a while to adjust to a new tank. I've had them hide inside or behind rocks for months and then one day they decided to move... Just be patient :)
update-moved into the light a little more, looks like a really cool spot if he stays there honestly…
image.jpg

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should eventually move. Hopefully somewhere you want it to move. My old one hid for like a week then decided it wanted to be in the middle of a bunch of coral so I had to move a bunch of stuff for it.
update-it moved more into the light and if it stays where it is i think it would be pretty cool spot honestly
image.jpg

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have 4 of these disobedient little kids I gave up trying to put them where I want them. Yes they go missing for weeks then one day there it is. I use the flow technique to move them just adjust the direction of flow seems to do the trick. I would leave him be and settle in at the moment they won't be rushed
update- moved more into the light to what i think would be a pretty awesome permanent spot… just one final question, my clown has now taken to staying right around it but hasn’t touched it that i’ve seen and isn’t rubbing itself or anything, is this the start of him hosting in the future or just a coincidence?
image.jpg

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update- moved more into the light to what i think would be a pretty awesome permanent spot… just one final question, my clown has now taken to staying right around it but hasn’t touched it that i’ve seen and isn’t rubbing itself or anything, is this the start of him hosting in the future or just a coincidence?
image.jpg
I'm going to say it's a coincidence for now but could also be the start to him liking it. Clowns like things that wiggle and move. That's why mine host a long polyp toadstool. So the clown may eventually decide that is the kind of wiggle he likes.

What I'm saying is it could be both so don't get super excited yet. Clowns are weird.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
image.jpg
This I would have expected as they often do this when introduced. Other to note: when they hide long term, its often due to too much light or water flow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back