Any controller with 56v?

danielch2008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Meanwell account of 240w, 54v, 4 spucks of leds, 8 LDDs of 700, a plate for the LDDs, aluminum heatsinks. now I don't know which controller it has, preferably controlled by wifi, and according to a friend who is helping me, the controller needs to be 56v.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
56V is out of the realm of most low voltage electronics. You might be able to find a 60V buck converter to power it, but that isn't a lot of room for a 56V system. Most 60V rated parts are going to be on a 48V max system.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Meanwell account of 240w, 54v, 4 spucks of leds, 8 LDDs of 700, a plate for the LDDs, aluminum heatsinks. now I don't know which controller it has, preferably controlled by wifi, and according to a friend who is helping me, the controller needs to be 56v.
Not sure if you are referring to me but you definitly misinterpreted what I said if so.
Drivers need to be able to take that voltage, not the controller.
finding >48V drivers is not easy.
I mentioned a controller/driver custom board that had 60V max driver circuits on board.

The controller chips themselves run off 3.3 or 5V.
The pwm is usually 5v pwm.

The tc-420 or 421 (and a host of like controllers) run off 12-24V (voltage regulated down to 5V (or 3.3v) for the logic circuits).
Since these controllers are for constant voltage strip lights one just bypasses the MOSFETS that will dim them.
The gate of which is usually 5V PWM. That point of contact is used to dim things like the LDD-H drivers (9-56V for an input dc voltage) .
The way they are powered on a 56v DC power supply is using a step down board to lower voltage to say.. 24V (any steady voltage in the 12-24V range works and actually as low as 9v (tested))

Finding one with 8 individual channels in one unit is a challenge though drivers can be "ganged" onto 1 channel.

tc420mod.JPG

NOTES : Your 54V power supply is 56V

XLG-240-H-(A)​

Any controlleer that outputs 5V pwm (actually 2.5-6V PWM is useable for those ldd-h's, 100-1KHz frequency)
can be put in the place of the TC-420 (or 421)
The problem was # of channels and which you can get. The Coralux was the only one (I know of that is "off the shelf" )has 8 channels but is not available to you.
Well the one out of Poland was a possibility.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

danielch2008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Não tenho certeza se você está se referindo a mim, mas você definitivamente interpretou mal o que eu disse.
Os drivers precisam ser capazes de receber essa tensão, não o controlador.
encontrar drivers > 48V não é fácil.
Eu não entendi. Ajude-me, por favor. Começando do zero... Driver = DLL? a DLL da foto da DLL é a entrada para uma fonte de alimentação entre 9V e 56V? que?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214_211109_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230214_211109_AliExpress.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
D

danielch2008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you are referring to me but you definitly misinterpreted what I said if so.
Drivers need to be able to take that voltage, not the controller.
finding >48V drivers is not easy.
I mentioned a controller/driver custom board that had 60V max driver circuits on board.

The controller chips themselves run off 3.3 or 5V.
The pwm is usually 5v pwm.

The tc-420 or 421 (and a host of like controllers) run off 12-24V (voltage regulated down to 5V (or 3.3v) for the logic circuits).
Since these controllers are for constant voltage strip lights one just bypasses the MOSFETS that will dim them.
The gate of which is usually 5V PWM. That point of contact is used to dim things like the LDD-H drivers (9-56V for an input dc voltage) .
The way they are powered on a 56v DC power supply is using a step down board to lower voltage to say.. 24V (any steady voltage in the 12-24V range works and actually as low as 9v (tested))

Finding one with 8 individual channels in one unit is a challenge though drivers can be "ganged" onto 1 channel.

tc420mod.JPG

NOTES : Your 54V power supply is 56V

XLG-240-H-(A)​

Any controlleer that outputs 5V pwm (actually 2.5-6V PWM is useable for those ldd-h's, 100-1KHz frequency)
can be put in the place of the TC-420 (or 421)
The problem was # of channels and which you can get. The Coralux was the only one (I know of that is "off the shelf" )has 8 channels but is not available to you.
Well the one out of Poland was a possibility.
I'm not understanding the difference of DLL, DRIVER and PWM

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, The led driver = voltage regulator.
The 9- 56 volts is how much voltage you can give to the regulator.

These are "step down" voltage regulators so it can only decrease the voltage not increase it

The 2- 42v is the range of voltage that can come out if it.

An led will draw a particular amount of current at a particular voltage. The 2 move together so to speak and each is dependent on the other

So say you have 3 different power supplies 12, 24, and 36 volts.
Also have a driver ( ldd) that wants to regulate the current to be JUST 700mA

And say you have an led that at 700mA requires 3 volts. Or a led at 3 volts will draw 700mA.
2 watts to say the same thing.

So first you put the 12v power to the ldd.
It will drop the voltage "out" to 3v.
Same with every other power supply.
24v in.....3v out
35 v in ... 3v out.

You mean LDD?
"LDD" or ldd-h is the driver ( voltage regulator).
It regulates voltage not to a specific voltage but a voltage dictated by the current.
So instead of always being like 12v it will change to keep the circuit at like 700mA.

PWM = language the driver understands in order to dim the led
It is like a digital signal, 0-1, or on/off, O or 5v.
Think of " duty cycle" = brightness
50% of full brightness ect
512e869bce395fbc64000002.JPG

OP
OP
D

danielch2008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, The led driver = voltage regulator.
The 9- 56 volts is how much voltage you can give to the regulator.

These are "step down" voltage regulators so it can only decrease the voltage not increase it

The 2- 42v is the range of voltage that can come out if it.

An led will draw a particular amount of current at a particular voltage. The 2 move together so to speak and each is dependent on the other

So say you have 3 different power supplies 12, 24, and 36 volts.
Also have a driver ( ldd) that wants to regulate the current to be JUST 700mA

And say you have an led that at 700mA requires 3 volts. Or a led at 3 volts will draw 700mA.
2 watts to say the same thing.

So first you put the 12v power to the ldd.
It will drop the voltage "out" to 3v.
Same with every other power supply.
24v in.....3v out
35 v in ... 3v out.

You mean LDD?
"LDD" or ldd-h is the driver ( voltage regulator).
It regulates voltage not to a specific voltage but a voltage dictated by the current.
So instead of always being like 12v it will change to keep the circuit at like 700mA.

PWM = language the driver understands in order to dim the led
It is like a digital signal, 0-1, or on/off, O or 5v.
Think of " duty cycle" = brightness
50% of full brightness ect
512e869bce395fbc64000002.JPG

Top top top show ery good you is 10!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back