ReefRhythm - Advance Stepper Motor Controller with OpenSource

zerokewl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my hydros controller has a 0-10v output with 4 separate channels and each channel can have up to 10 separate steps 1v or 2v or 3v etc etc

Does that mean I can use the analog feature and run 7 pumps off each channel?

And if I understand the analog feature correctly I would set the ml/min I wanted via the software but my hydros controller would control the dosing time
Example I set the pump via software to 5ml/min but the hydros controller would be able to dose 10ml if it told the pump to run for 2 minutes ?

OP
OP
yury88

yury88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my hydros controller has a 0-10v output with 4 separate channels and each channel can have up to 10 separate steps 1v or 2v or 3v etc etc

Does that mean I can use the analog feature and run 7 pumps off each channel?

And if I understand the analog feature correctly I would set the ml/min I wanted via the software but my hydros controller would control the dosing time
Example I set the pump via software to 5ml/min but the hydros controller would be able to dose 10ml if it told the pump to run for 2 minutes ?
Hm, didn't get how 4 separate channels will control 7 pumps.

Lets make it clear.
From your words Hydros has four 0-10V output with 10 steps. I think its like 0V, 1V, 2V... 10V
Lest name it ADC1, ADC2, ADC3, ADC4

Now, ReefRhythm has 8 analog inputs that you can program via UI. Note that you can use one analog input for many pumps if you want to run it in parallel.
And programming is very flexible.

If you want to control pump by time -yes you can make this setting.

For example you can make settings for pin 5 on ESP32:
1)50% signal = 0ml/min
2)50.1% signal = 5ml/min

Now you can connect ADC1 to pin 5(use voltage divider 10V->3.3V!) and switch first Hydros channel to 6V(everything over 51% ~ 5.1V will work) for 2 minutes to run pump for 2 minutes with 5ml/min rate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is good and stable way to control this pump, but you can do more flexible settings:
1)45% signal = 0ml/min
2)45.1% signal = 5ml/min
3)65.1% signal = 5ml/min

4)75% = 5 ml/min

5)75.1% = 10ml/min
6)100% = 10ml/min

Now you can control pump by time from Hydros with 5ml/min rate if channel =5V and 10ml/min if channel = 8-10V
Screenshot 2024-05-02 135816.png

OP
OP
yury88

yury88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Release 0.8.3 - User extension(Add-on) and Limits support.
Now you can program login in UI when to disable(or enable) dosing.
And doser now support user UI and back-end extensions.

Example of project with extension I will show later. Its give the way how build more complex project utilize ready to go doser functionality.
For example its can be easily become KH automatic tester or you can add some missed logic for integration with other project.

More examples and FAQ I will publish on weekend
Screenshot 2024-05-02 151645.png Screenshot 2024-05-02 152830.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back