any mountain bikers in the house?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we had a good thread going on in the lounge over in RC about mountain bikes....

i love this saddle, as it is specially made to releive pressure on....ehh....those areas 8)
seat.jpg

but anyways, i wanted to post some pics over on RC of this really funny poster i won at a race a couple of years ago...but didnt want to get banned just in case it was too "offending".

this bike company made these posters to sell, but after the administration disaproved, they had a limited number they were just giving away. this is my all time favorite poster!
bill%20clinton%201.jpg

bill%20clinton%202.jpg

sorry for the useless information. i had to post those pics as its just too funny. :hello1:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was probably Hillery that didn't approve, figuring that once chicks saw that pic, Oh Billy would have his hands full...LOL

I don't ride myself.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL That's the funniest thing I have ever seen... ROTFL.. Do they just like, hang through the seat then??? Wouldn't that create... um... boinginess??? Still looks painful, imo...

HAHAHAHAHA
Laurie

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
LOL That's the funniest thing I have ever seen... ROTFL.. Do they just like, hang through the seat then??? Wouldn't that create... um... boinginess??? Still looks painful, imo...

HAHAHAHAHA
Laurie

hahaha ok, i wont try to be too vulgar with my descriptions...as there are other non-medical related people here on this forum...so hoefully you can appreciate this info...

the opening in the seat isn't as much about the "boys". from what anatomy you might remember, there are some sensitive blood vessels and nerves that run through that area b/w the "gym bag", and the "actual equipment". :lol:

so the opening in the seat, is to relieve pressure off of that area where the nerves and blood vessels run through. most of the people who do this professionaly have major *problems* down there b/c of this pressure has basically cut off the blood flow to those nerves and essentially killed them.

they make them for women too, although they are slightly different i guess to just allow *everything* to fit in there all snuggly like.

only downside, is that since all the pressure is taken off of the center, it has to be added somewhere else. so directly on the sides of the pelvic bones is where all of that pressure resides, and takes some getting used to. after the first couple of times riding on the seat it kinda feels like you are walking around with hemroids or something since your pelvic bones are so sore down there.

i hope my little shpeal was inlightening. 8)

oh yeah, normally the only people who would use these kind of seats would be wearing some sort of spandex material most likely. i cant imagine trying to ride on this seat with boxers, or commando style. so really, nothing is even close to hanging anywhere if everything is packaged up all nice and neat under your tight spandex \:D/

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROTFL, "all sunggly like"... spoken like a true dude, you crack me up!

You know, what really scares me about that whole thing is that generally when you cut off circulation and therefore nutrients and oxygen for long amounts of time (Long enough to kill s nerve, say) you are looking at pressure sore problems in patients. I don't even wanna imagine that our good buddy Lance had pressure sores *there* lol! Probably only reason he doesn't, and just has dead nerves is probably due to the fact that when he gets off the bike he has good enough oxygenation and protein circulating from being in a non disease state to heal the damage. We cannot, except in rare cases so far, heal nerve damage. Those cells are different.

I guess I am trying to say, be protective of those nerves!! LOL

Laurie

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it has been known that some of the pros will have their boyz surgically removed, and their troops frozen for future purposes. its not one of those things that are talked about though.

pressure sore problems are a VERY real problem. i have no idea how those guys deal with them. other than alot of padding and vasaline.

anyone ever wonder how those guys on the tour de france ride ~8hrs a a day and never stop on the side of the road for a bathroom break? hehe (the things they never show on TV...) :lol:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to know.....Nore would I want to ride behind anyone, it would be like riding behing a cattle truck on a motorcycle..LOL

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel said:
I don't want to know.....Nore would I want to ride behind anyone, it would be like riding behing a cattle truck on a motorcycle..LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well...that wouldnt be the *traditional* way by any means, but i guess if you were in a bind.....lol

but, if you watch the tour on TV, you always see the team cars pull along side of some of their riders and give them water bottles. well, they obviously drink the water, then ditch the bottles on the side of the road.

so lets just say, if by chance you go to the tour de france. its a big deal to collect those tour de france water bottles the riders throw on the side of the road (its a french thing i guess). but, i wouldnt want to take a wig of that liquid in a full bottle you find along side of the road. :lol:

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROTFL, Pepsi bottles on the old family vacation... However, that still means the chicks in the TDF are stilling pulling over? I couldn't get it all into a Pepsi bottle sitting still on a toliet, much less while riding a bike with others ppl around me LOL

Laurie

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
ROTFL, Pepsi bottles on the old family vacation... However, that still means the chicks in the TDF are stilling pulling over? I couldn't get it all into a Pepsi bottle sitting still on a toliet, much less while riding a bike with others ppl around me LOL

Laurie

no idea how the ladies pull it off.

normally i'd think they would be wearing diapers, like in nascar racing/indy car/formula one.....but i seriously doubt they wear diapers under a snug fit spandex suit.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahahaha, diapers.... I bet after 8 hours drinking all that water their behinds would look like a toddler in a swimming pool wiht a non Swimmy on...And could you imagine if the seat wound up puncturing the plastic???? EEEwwwww...
lol
Laurie

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 105 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.2%
Back