The Easiest Way to Catch Any Fish or Shrimp

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dollar Store Trap,
This works like no other way I have ever seen. I made my first one some 30 plus years ago. Stepped on my last one I had it for about 18 years. When I made one out of a pink plastic jar, they did not like the color I found out fast. So I made a new one, you to can catch any fish in no time at all. This is my total investment it is just shy of $13.24..! And that is if you don't have any of these items at all. There are two sizes of these jars for $1.24 each at the Dollar Store. I chose the smaller size it is perfect in any tank I have.

The way it works:
Place the jar with the magnet glued inside of it, and the foam on the top of the jar. You just lower the jar down in the tank, the open end with the foam horizonal with sand bed. Place the other outside magnet on a string, to the jar magnet they will stick together that will hold the jar in place (one magnet inside and one magnet outside on a string). I use up to 10 foot string. Put shrimp or clam into the inside jar.. And sit in your lounge chair and wait until the fish you want goes in the jar. And then pull the outside magnet on the string hard and fast, the jar opening will tip and float straight up in a second and float up to the top of the water FAST. Your fish or shrimp can NOT GET OUT.... There is no better way I have seen to both catch and seize any fish or shrimp of your choice.... Been doing this like I said for 30+ years and it works like no other... I just keep hearing about all these people with tanks that cant catch a fish. Trying for days and days at times. In 20 mins total max time I can get anyone of them. And I have some 300 lbs of live rock and corals everywhere! :) This one came out perfect, best one I have ever made to date. Just wanted to share this to all. Happy Reefing :)

The list:
Plastic Jar $1.24
Neodymium Magnets, I use Rubber coated. (a pair) E-Bay (Out of Texas) $3.00
Foam Door Draft Stopper (Ace, Lowes, Home Depot) $8.00
Super Glue or heat gun (Dollar Store) $1.00
String, Braided Fishing line, Rope... lol ?
Razor Knife or a razor blade ?
One Larger Rubber band ?

And just 20 minutes of your time.

The foam that I used is closed cell foam and there is a picture of what and how to get it. It works perfectly and bends fantastic very little effort if any..! Bottom Picture!

IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0027 - Copy.JPG IMG_0028.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delatedlotus

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use this foam! I don't know if I could ever find anything that would come even close to working like this did... :) I will post a video of it working and catching fish and peppermints very soon..

IMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last 2 fish I caught had a combined IQ on -1. Caught one with food and a pitcher and the other with my grabby tongs.

OP
OP
Delatedlotus

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't really explain in my post any goals of mine I might have. I really hope and pray this can help out a lot of people. For toughs that both see this, and will share this to even more people in this hobby. One of the most gratifying hobbies we all really love so much. Yes even with all the trials and tribulations that we experience and to the pure enjoyment of a job well done at times. Like it's ever done.. lol Keep your Fingers Salty... and Peace Out... :)

Amber.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I was so used to the inverted bottle in a bottle trick but this is just absolutely ingenious. marvelous idea, thank you so much for sharing your advice and experience.Its like active fishing without the fishing pole.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I had to catch a fish it was kind enough to jump into the acclimation box on it's own. But definitely trying this next time.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back