Anyone have experience with the reef octopus varioS DC pump?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Varios 6 and love it. I was on the fence between this and the Vectra. Glad I saved some coin and went with the Varios-6. Lots of great features and you cant beat the controllability. Also it's super quiet.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have one. Nothing bad to say about it, very happy. I was set on the vectra also but changed my mind. It's cheaper but aside from that it is apex ready. Slow start up, flow controlled by my apex. On level 3 of 5 you can't hear it. It draws 44 watts .3 amps, which isn't squat. To compare my 480 gph skimmer pump draws 201 and 1.7 and is WAY louder. My 90 gallon overflow can't handle the water flow at full speed. I'm sure the vectra is great too but for me not being about to control it with my apex was the deal breaker.

I'm considering replacing a perfectly good mag drive 24 on another system with one simply because I'm tired of the house vibrating and trying to control the flow with ball valves. Also I like the slow start up and being able to utilize the feed mode. Not to mention DC and running a battery back up.

OP
OP
Elementalj

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back