Anyone know where to buy lids for acrylic tanks?

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to buy lids for the openings on acrylic tanks? I had a 60 which had nice lids that fit right into the openings. This tank is a 180 clarity plus and I wondered what the best route is for covering the openings.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to buy lids for the openings on acrylic tanks? I had a 60 which had nice lids that fit right into the openings. This tank is a 180 clarity plus and I wondered what the best route is for covering the openings.

Message this guy, his name is Logan Walter and he will custom make a lid to your measurements / design

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this
Easy to cut allows for light and air
Thank you yes I keep that too but I try to stop as much evaporation as possible.
Message this guy, his name is Logan Walter and he will custom make a lid to your measurements / design

I did send him the specs. If its not terrible expensive I may purchase some from him.

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you yes I keep that too but I try to stop as much evaporation as possible.

I did send him the specs. If its not terrible expensive I may purchase some from him.
I bought from him. They worked nice. Not like the OEM but still very nice looking and solid.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are handy, you can make a fairly inexpensive one with 1/4” nylon mess and screen frame. I Put this one on to keep the jumpers off the carpet. All parts from Amazon and Lowe’s. Tricky part for me was doing the cut outs for the light fixture stands. Not as sturdy as just a rectangle cut, but works great. I put a hinged front on it for feeding and doing other mc in the tank. I take it off once a week to clean the tank. I hold it in place with clear packing tape on the sides and back. The hinges are acrylic from Amazon. My tank is 72x22.5x24”.

1715179585847.jpeg

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have lids for my 75 from him. Very nice and 1/3 of the cost from other lid makers.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back