Apex Questions

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apex just arrived and I have a few quick questions. Like always, when I buy something the first thing I do is make sure all the parts came in the package.

I noticed that the apex base unit has a "power" input that probably takes a DC8 plug. I do not see any other power cables besides what goes to the energy bar 8. Does the base unit and display get its power from the USB that plugs into the base unit from the energy bar 8?

Any tips for a first time apex installer/user?

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup it's USB powered I thought I was missing a power supply also lol.... Read the unoffical guide is the best advice I could give ya....

I have been reading the guide for about a week. I am planning on setting up the basics on Sat and going in to more detail on Sun.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can send you a link to a battery supply unit that plugs into that DC input. Its on Ebay and under $20 shipped to your door. Mine has already come in handy to tell me when the power goes out.

dmorazan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is optional for the apex. if you want to buy a power supply. you are OK that is how mine gets the power from the eb8

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can send you a link to a battery supply unit that plugs into that DC input. Its on Ebay and under $20 shipped to your door. Mine has already come in handy to tell me when the power goes out.

I have a 1400WATT PSU, can I use that? Would I just need a DC8 plug? Please post the link. Either way it will be helpful.

that is optional for the apex. if you want to buy a power supply. you are OK that is how mine gets the power from the eb8

I wish the booklet the apex came with had a page where it said what was supposed to come in the box. Maybe I skipped that page. IDK.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back