Apex web cam

reef fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know the best webcam that can be used for the new interface for apex ????

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have to check compatibility but been looking at getting the Foscam fi9820w

OP
OP
reef fish

reef fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was looking for something like 1080p/night vision moveable cam left/right ant zoom in and out

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Axis 214. Not HighDef but more importantly auto white balance so it compensates for the overly blue light in most of our tanks. It's a pricey camera, but works really well.

You can check mine out at 74.62.193.110 -- Lights are on from 5pm to 12pm PST. And the image does embed in the Apex dashboard, but there is no PTZ with the Apex.

Dave B

Arkaeus

Anthias Spoonerific
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i researched the foscams and ended sending mine back for the FI8910w. This ipcam fixed a lot of issues with color balance however I cannot do HD. After realizing HD would cost lots of $$$$ I decided for plan B. I have dual monitors at work and was looking for something to leave up on the secondary screen. Getting a HD webcam, tweaking some settings, and this is whats the end result. This cams in 1920x1080. The lights dont start ramping up till 12:15pm central.
http://m.ustream.tv/channel/arks250reef

Now that Im used to this quality, the ipcams just dont do it for me anymore. I still like the ipcam due to if im out of town i can pan it around the tank. Quality wise, the 640x480 just doesnt do it for me. Monitoring it works good, pleasure viewing it does not.

GalaxyS3/Tapatalk

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i researched the foscams and ended sending mine back for the FI8910w. This ipcam fixed a lot of issues with color balance however I cannot do HD. After realizing HD would cost lots of $$$$ I decided for plan B. I have dual monitors at work and was looking for something to leave up on the secondary screen. Getting a HD webcam, tweaking some settings, and this is whats the end result. This cams in 1920x1080. The lights dont start ramping up till 12:15pm central.
Arks250reef on USTREAM: NOTE: Lights come on at 12pm. The closer it is to 12am the bluer the spectrum/less intensity the lights will produce making it hard...

Now that Im used to this quality, the ipcams just dont do it for me anymore. I still like the ipcam due to if im out of town i can pan it around the tank. Quality wise, the 640x480 just doesnt do it for me. Monitoring it works good, pleasure viewing it does not.

GalaxyS3/Tapatalk

I'm using the FI8910w right now, looking to upgrade to an HD one... Which one are you currently using?

Arkaeus

Anthias Spoonerific
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After lots of reading and trial and error I decided on the Logitech C920. Its one of 4 webcams atm that supports H.264 encoding on the webcam itself. I purchased 3 diff 720p webcams and it was night and day difference from the c920 to any other webcam. Please rem guys, this is a webcam NOT an ipcam. You cannot hook this to your apex as the apex does NOT support usb webcams.
I understand the OP was about apex cams, this was what I wanted also, until I realized the quality difference. For the apex cam I like the foscam I recommended as its V2 and corrected a LOT of light/color issues and should run about 120$ with pan and tilt. IMO your best option for a budget ipcam.

agsplayhouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a foscam I can't get it to work out side my home an it works wit my apex at home but I can't see it out sit my home though the apex can any one help me fix this prob

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a foscam I can't get it to work out side my home an it works wit my apex at home but I can't see it out sit my home though the apex can any one help me fix this prob

Sounds like you need to figure out your IP address and forward it out. Your home network should be something like 192.168.1.1 or something similar. You need a static IP to be able to access it outside your home network. Can you access your apex from outside your network? The setup is about the same. Only thing that should be different is your port number

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 19.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 192 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%
Back