Aqua Knight LED | Nano Reef Tank Lighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Premiumaq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this video we are going to take a look at the Aqua Knight LED Aquarium Light. This is a great value nano reef light that retails for under $100. We'll cover the setup and install of the Aqua Knight LED as well as go over some of the pros and cons of the Nano Reef Light.

https://pafish.me/AquaKnight30W

Last edited:

brad65ford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video, I've actually had this same light before. Moved on to the Coral Moon Box led, imho its a much better light in that you can control the programming very easily via wifi and has more power. Yes more expensive but more powerful and easier to control.

premiumaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually ran one of the AquaKnights on my 20g cube for about 3 or 4 months and was really pleased with it. It really was close to the Kessil i had on the tank before. The main reason we like this light is that it looks good, it's 80 dollars retail and it's easy. Just touch and control. So it's really meant for the hobbyist that just wants a good quality inexpensive light without having to program etc, good for us older people :)

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video, I've actually had this same light before. Moved on to the Coral Moon Box led, imho its a much better light in that you can control the programming very easily via wifi and has more power. Yes more expensive but more powerful and easier to control.
There are tons of "better lights" and while the moon box is better, its also closer to the price range of the superior ai prime/kessil a160we.
There is always a "better light" until you reach the top. This light has its place.

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any lasting experience with these? I’m considering buying one or two for a nano build.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold on Amazon as "hipargero" for $60 every day...same light. Been happy with mine for nearly a year.

Bobr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold on Amazon as "hipargero" for $60 every day...same light. Been happy with mine for nearly a year.

Good to hear. What depth is the tank you're using it on and what corals are in there?

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear. What depth is the tank you're using it on and what corals are in there?
It's over a nuvo 10. All soft corals but I have no doubt it could grow easy sps. The elegance here is a temporary resident.

20181104_193312.jpg

Bobr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang. Do you dose any ferts? What salt do you use? Sorry for all the questions.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha no problem. No dosing, minimal water changes, cheapest (reef crystals) salt. I run a ghost skimmer and I swap out 2 bags of chemipure blue every other month or when I feel like it's been a while. I haven't changed the water in 2-3 months.

No fuge, no power head (upgraded return to a syncra 0.5 and it's plenty of flow with the stock nozzle even), I do at least have an ato.

This is a second tank intended to be very low maintenance and it's just doing wonderful.

Bobr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help. What's that orange fish right next to the Kenya tree in the picture? I'm trying to figure my livestock rn.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help. What's that orange fish right next to the Kenya tree in the picture? I'm trying to figure my livestock rn.
Naked clown. I also have a randalls assessor and a cryptic wrasse in here with plenty of room in other tanks to rehome one fish if the need arises.

No kenya tree in here that's neon green nephthea leather much easier to control and quite a bit more expensive. On the left there's the elegance that I'm holding for another If of tanks. Above that I have some clove polyps I'm trying to grow. Top left toadstool leather. Middle rose bubble tip anemone from another tank (split). Topmiddle a little bit of xenia. Top right green sinularia leather. Far right blue sympodium with a little bit of photosynthetic gorgonian to it's left. Then in front a single green rhodactis shrims that is happy but not growing and finally branching gsp in the front right.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. You'll need to use your own timer, it does remember the last set level for both channels. One plug, though, so no way to turn on blue and white separately.

jetabug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percentage blue to white are you using on this light for coral growth?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back