Aqua Knight LED | Nano Reef Tank Lighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run one of these lights on my frag QT tank and it does just fine. The acro frags that pass through my tank start to encrust onto the egg crate on the frag rack, so it can support higher light corals.

jetabug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run one of these lights on my frag QT tank and it does just fine. The acro frags that pass through my tank start to encrust onto the egg crate on the frag rack, so it can support higher light corals.
whats your sitting on this light percentage blue to white?

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats your sitting on this light percentage blue to white?
Nothing that scientific. New arrivals are dipped and go into QT. One side button appears to change the intensity while the other changes blue/white mix. I keep the intensity low at first so I don't shock corals. Color is maybe one or two clicks from the bluest setting.

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would one of these be enough for a 20 long?

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would one of these be enough for a 20 long?
I doubt it. When I go to frag swaps, I use this on a 5.5 gallon. It's not going to cover the spread of a 20 long (isn't that like 30 inches?). What are you looking to keep in your tank?

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it. When I go to frag swaps, I use this on a 5.5 gallon. It's not going to cover the spread of a 20 long (isn't that like 30 inches?). What are you looking to keep in your tank?
I have 2 over a 20 long. See my tank build

aldo0924

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this video we are going to take a look at the Aqua Knight LED Aquarium Light. This is a great value nano reef light that retails for under $100. We'll cover the setup and install of the Aqua Knight LED as well as go over some of the pros and cons of the Nano Reef Light.

https://pafish.me/AquaKnight30W

where should I place a torch coral under this light?

mr.a.vachier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my 2 at 100 blue and 20 white in a 29 bio cube. Wonder in anyone had success keeping a rainbow bubble tip anemone under these lights as I just bought one for the tank and was worried it wouldn't get great color or growth

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my 2 at 100 blue and 20 white in a 29 bio cube. Wonder in anyone had success keeping a rainbow bubble tip anemone under these lights as I just bought one for the tank and was worried it wouldn't get great color or growth
I had one in the past and it did well with this light before I rearranged it into another tank. Those BTA are quite hardy if you have good water quality I think they're bullet proof.

mr.a.vachier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one in the past and it did well with this light before I rearranged it into another tank. Those BTA are quite hardy if you have good water quality I think they're bullet proof.

Thanks for the reply mine just recently made it's way in the propeller of my powerhead. I was beyond ticked!!! However I'm going to set up an rbta garden in a separate tank with a ai prime HD , I had 2 hipargero LEDs in that livingroom tank . The Lfs's in ft Lauderdale tell me ai is the way to go for nems and sps but forums are less convincing.

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H
It's over a nuvo 10. All soft corals but I have no doubt it could grow easy sps. The elegance here is a temporary resident.

20181104_193312.jpg
Hey mate sorry bringing this thread up after a while. Do you still have the tank and light at all?

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea about LED type or model to use in this bulb? I want to replace them.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 55 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back