Aquaforest

Mark Wojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone ,
I am wondering if anyone has any type of feedback on the use of this line of products ?

Brad1215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Aquaforest 'coral food'
Its a powder like Reefroids and I have had good results . its it lasts me a long time too.

Last edited:

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like their salts, they are at NSW so it keeps my tank stable with WCs. I've noticed an improvement with my corals, enough to warrant continued use. I just started the Probiotic salt.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They vary a bit from batch to batch.

Here are the certs from my last 3 buckets.
I've tested mine freshly mixed and they were spot on .

IMG_1480256857.720936.jpg

IMG_1480256867.138000.jpg

IMG_1480256876.762193.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the AF reef salt and balling method product 1+2+3+ for almost a year. I have had great growth since going online with the products. I have used other brands of salt and product and like the simplicity, ease of mixing and dosing. This can be done with other product with a great deal of research, but again I like how AF makes things simple. You can also go here link to pull more information and see tanks that are using the AF system and salts.
Here are a couple of nice articles on salinity
Link
Link

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like their salts, they are at NSW so it keeps my tank stable with WCs. I've noticed an improvement with my corals, enough to warrant continued use. I just started the Probiotic salt.

If that's the case then all artificial salt mixes could be said to be at NSW levels.

But none are.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the case then all artificial salt mixes could be said to be at NSW levels.

But none are.
I mean that it's not like some mixes that have much higher levels, 11+ Kh, 1560 Mg, etc.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As @jsker already mentioned the product line is a combination of Probiotics and full balling method. The probiotics help you to achieve ULNS and the balling method helps you to maintain the chemical parameters. Its simple and if you can follow it then very simple.

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone ,
I am wondering if anyone has any type of feedback on the use of this line of products ?
Join their facebook group for feedback, more info, and direct support. Some people have had "success" with their lines and post images of their tanks. The reason I put success in quotes is because some of the guys vouching for the AF line's success post pics of what looks like maricultured corals placed in an instant setup to promote the product line. There are others who had great setups before switching over so it wasn't much change for them. Then, there are others such as me who had issues with the product line. I tossed it all out and my tank went back for the better after switching back to my old salt mix and additives. A representative on here stated that most of the problems with the line are user error but I can't honestly believe that most of the users with issues are doing the same thing wrong and getting the same problems. If it was a slim chance of completely the end user's fault, then it would be best for the company to educate the end user better to avoid the same issues with their products. TBH, the product line has a lot of products that seem imbalanced or not even needed.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, the above two posts cannot both be correct, since the first post's parameters are not especially close to NSW at sg = 1.025. lol
I would say a little confusion on the actual numbers of
  • Salinity = 35 ppt,
  • Specific gravity = 1.0264
  • Conductivity = 53 mS/cm

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to charac
I mean that it's not like some mixes that have much higher levels, 11+ Kh, 1560 Mg, etc.

This one does, even by the company's own guaranteed analysis posted here, have high magnesium of 1463 ppm vs 1280 ppm for NSW.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say a little confusion on the actual numbers of
  • Salinity = 35 ppt,
  • Specific gravity = 1.0264
  • Conductivity = 53 mS/cm

What is the confusion? You mean that they show results for 33 ppt? IMO, that is odd.

OP
OP
M

Mark Wojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @jsker already mentioned the product line is a combination of Probiotics and full balling method. The probiotics help you to achieve ULNS and the balling method helps you to maintain the chemical parameters. Its simple and if you can follow it then very simple.
Hi , I was wondering after doing a lot of reading how much product of 1+2+3 do you use in your tank and how often .

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back