Aqueon Tanks

Straasha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not get it.. Seems consistent, bottom is tempered and sides were not. He drilled the end which to me means the side unless I am understanding him wrong.

Also exactly what the link says.

They will put a sticker on the bottom is you can not drill the bottom.
I found several Aqueon tanks (I have one in the basement empty right now) that had the sticker on the bottom that said do not drill that were also tempered on the sides. It didn't mention anything about the sides being tempered but testing confirmed it. This may be something unique to 55 gallon tanks...not sure. I made the mistake three months ago following the guide posted earlier about which tanks have tempered bottoms. I assumed that only the bottom would be tempered and not the sides. Shortly after starting to drill, the entire side exploded into a million little pieces.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right from Aqueon: They don't recommend drilling since they will use whatever glass is available during production. However, they do say to check with a polarized lens if you do want to drill.
1598462395295.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back