ATI Astrick Water Test

CBL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day, I am fairly new to the world of salt water. Could you give me some guidance on this water test that came back? My take is 6 months old and I do water changes every week. Corals and Fish have been doing great. Had some green hair algae and could not get nitrate or phosphate to register. This test show they are high. Any suggestions, I did put Phosgaurd into the media basket.

IMG_2734.png

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact ATI because if you use Hanna checker the right way and/or it works like it should - you should see something liker these figures if they are real. Either is their analyze wrong or your equipment is wrong

By the way - They analyse pure P (126,7 µg/l = 0.1267 mg/L) and convert that to PO4 mathematical -> 95 /31* 0,1267 = 0.39 mg/L PO4 (molar mass of PO4 / molar mass of P * measured value of P in mg/L gives mg/L PO4) Hanna measure PO4 directly but its a huge difference between 0.3 an 0

Non of the concentrations they show will harm your aquarium IMO but you need to double check both your and their measurements. But - there is no cow on the ice with their figures but if you in reality have zero in both - there is more than one cow on the ice

Sincerely Lasse

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aluminum comes back high on these tests quite often too but always says top even tho it looks like much higher than what is recommended. Everything else doesnt look too bad. Phos at .39 is kind of high but not end of the world. Use some ephos or rowaphos will bring right down.

One thing i always do is test everything before i send i n. Well anything i can actually test for and compare. Usually their numbers are apot on with my numbers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back