Attempt to pair my golden Nugget, and premium goldflake.

Monti34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going ok nothing more than a little chasing so far.
20200814_165046.jpg
20200814_165053.jpg

californiarob

Reef lover with a pirate smiLe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like both less about a year old, it will be interesting, keep posting the progress

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish look so weird, lol sorry just not my taste I guess. Anyway, good luck I hope they pair for you, the size looks a bit close in the pics but I know sometimes pics are hard to tell.

OP
OP
Monti34

Monti34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are out of qt now and are doing great no aggression,

Steps I took are as follows,
1. Placed a screen divider in 10 gal between them.
2. After two days when I did 100 percent water change placed them in same bucket while draining tank. (She was too frazzled to aggres on him)
3. Placed back into qt tank but opposite sides this time.
4. Waited a full day to let them settle.
5. Lifted divider and allowed her to chase he showed signs of yeild to her before she stressed him I replaced divider.
6. Waited another full day fed both separate to make sure they both are eating. Then again removed divider less aggessikn now but still chase. Replaced divider again switched them on opposite ends
7. W divider removed fed them together. Always watching ready to separate. Saw some chase but she spent more time just hanging out by him.
8. Left divider out over night no casualty....no sign of stress.

This is last day in prazi so let's get them in display. They seem to be staying together now in display.

Each step was a day so I'd say it took something like 8 days give or take. This female is super aggressive I may add. She attacked me everyone hand goes in tank lol.

OP
OP
Monti34

Monti34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish look so weird, lol sorry just not my taste I guess. Anyway, good luck I hope they pair for you, the size looks a bit close in the pics but I know sometimes pics are hard to tell.
They are not even close in size. Thanks for the well wishes.

OP
OP
Monti34

Monti34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I should mention that they had the divider in for a full week before introduction.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not even close in size. Thanks for the well wishes.
Oh good :)
It's hard to tell in the pics, I guess it's perspective, I know that happens to me too. My female is horrible as well she killed two prospective males and then beat three more one even lived with her for about a year and then she decided to turn on him. I bought her already mated so didn't separate them but had all the prospective males after that slowly introduced. If their getting along at this point your 'probably' good ime unless you get an insane fish like mine. Like the scape btw, I also used stax.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 82 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.6%
Back