Automatic Water changes. It doesnt get any better then this.

ddavies564

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would love to see one of these in action. Also, I cant find the ebay sale for the dual head.

On ebay it's listed as thermofisher d3138 13 w master flex 7024 20. I bought two to get the both pumps and now have an extra drive.

I'll try and get a video but am pretty busy, this week and next are finals weeks.

jonnyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the links thanks... Will order and as for the price can't beat it. If motor stops working it won't cause any problems as it's for water change and not water circulation.

DRThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the heads, it appears they link up by the drive. Is that the case? We don't need anything special to drive two heads, right?

The heads just fit over each other, nothing extra needed. You may need to buy longer bolts to secure the 2nd head though

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. You guys need avatars. It gets confusing about who is talking to who.

I understand where you are coming from but All that is needed for our application is the head. The drive unit for theses pump is from a reliable lab company Thermofisher Scientific. The drive runs at a constant 200 rpms. Not as flashy as those big master flex drives but does the same thing. Parts wise the replacement Motor is 6 bucks, tubing is 5 , bearings are 5, that is the only thing that could ever even wear out on these pumps. These master flex pumps run 1/4 x7/16 neoprene tubing, not wimpy. With the potential to run up to 600 rpm. So at 200 I'm not pushing any limits. It changes 3 gallon of water in 13 mins so worrying about if failing from continuous duty is not a concern.

I'm not familiar with the rules are we able to post ebay links?

I think you'll be fine with the ebay links. It starts to get iffy when people post links to coral auctions and stuff.

That being said, could you please link the parts or mention the model #s and such?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I might have something to do over Christmas.

If some one just can PM me the links.
Awesome project!

ddavies564

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, these things are saying they were used in ink refill machines. Did you have to clean yours? Which seller did you buy from?

I replaced the tubing, cheap enough and definitely worth it. they had a little bit of ink on them but cleaned off with rubbing Alcohol.

ddavies564

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little video I put together. The power supply and everything I normal use to run it are all torn apart to add a float switch. Here's the setup all hooked to a rc plane battery about 12v.
http://vimeo.com/81549951

DRThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little video I put together. The power supply and everything I normal use to run it are all torn apart to add a float switch. Here's the setup all hooked to a rc plane battery about 12v.
Dual Masterflex pump on Vimeo

Thanks for the vid, wow that thing really moves. If you want to move less water you could change the heads to 7014 or 7015. Also, I wonder if the pump would run slower on a lower input, say 9v.

ddavies564

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the vid, wow that thing really moves. If you want to move less water you could change the heads to 7014 or 7015. Also, I wonder if the pump would run slower on a lower input, say 9v.

Had the pump on a variable power supply worked from 2 -15 v

hllywd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of running the waste directly to a drain, why not to a container where you can physically measure the in, and out volumes to verify the pumps are in sync? When it's time, open a drain for the waste, and refill the new water tank... I'm not entirely convinced that two identical pumps on the same shaft will pump identical quantities of water over a period of time. Knowing exactly how much you pumped both directions would allow you to know if adjustments are needed.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get 2 master flex pumps with drives off ebay for 53 bucks shipped, new tubing for 10, and some hardware from Home Depot and have the same set up for under 80 bucks. I took it a step further and have three pumps to one motor.
One pulls new water and puts in sump, other pulls from sump and puts in quarantine tank, last pump pulls from qt and drains onto the lawn.

muqe5aqu.jpg
how far will these pull water. Like if your water is in the garage 50' away .

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Instead of running the waste directly to a drain, why not to a container where you can physically measure the in, and out volumes to verify the pumps are in sync? When it's time, open a drain for the waste, and refill the new water tank... I'm not entirely convinced that two identical pumps on the same shaft will pump identical quantities of water over a period of time. Knowing exactly how much you pumped both directions would allow you to know if adjustments are needed.

Or just mark your sump so you know where it should be. If you have an ATO, it'll always be the same level. If the salinity drops,then it's pulling too much. If the level rises, then it isn't pulling enough. But it will pull and push the same. It's the rules.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back