AWC Dos replacing heads. How to recalibrate?

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on replacing my Neptune apex Dos heads in a month as part of routine yearly maintenance. They are in my garage and used for an AWC that runs through the walls and into a drain in my laundry room.

I’m concerned about recalibration after I set this up. It will be difficult to use the RODI tubes in use and redo calibration without pulling apart quite a bit of the sump and my drains. If I remember correctly the remove pump runs backwards as well in use but forward for calibrating… does this mean I need to clear the lines and then calibrate it with water container at my drain running towards the tank?

Is it possible to recalibrate the pump with shorter runs of soft tubing in my garage and still get accurate calibration when I switch the tubes back?

I assume I need to calibrate when I change my DOS heads?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You want to use the actual length for the sake of being more accurate. For my dose awc I just make it so it Adds both in the software but the dosing container out is my sump water. I find it very silly how they have done it with the reverse as it makes recalibration impossible.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did this. Bring your graduated cylinder to the sump since both of those are the ends used in the calibration and it helps if you have a tablet /phone to hit "go" if you need to hold the line in the cylinder

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ‘save’ the removed water? I do so that I can compare how much was removed over a two week period (that’s how long it takes for my new water reservoir to be used up) and make sure it’s the same total volume as was added. Only if it’s materially off do I recalibrate.

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ‘save’ the removed water? I do so that I can compare how much was removed over a two week period (that’s how long it takes for my new water reservoir to be used up) and make sure it’s the same total volume as was added. Only if it’s materially off do I recalibrate.
No it goes directly to a drain under the sink. I believe it is necessary to recalibrate when you replace the heads

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back