Back at it! Peroxide vrs cyanobacteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a single does to a high flow area. I've lost 5 fish now what looks to be velvet. On a side note I had 1 emerald crap who I also found dead. Snails are fine.

I really dont think that this is related to the H2O2 but agree that it could be velvet would like to see pictures of the fish. Also @Humblefish has some really good information on treating your fish and minimizing the loss due to illness. weather bacteria or parasite usually has a QT method with treatment plan for them, that I myself have followed and had great success.

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catching up!
People please this is a study. I don't know how many times I have had to say this.
There is obvious proven results of this method.
We have not written a set method or procedure
If there was loss of fish it was not due to h2o2 in our controlled study.

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say thank you to all who has contributed to this study!
Sincerely
Todd

Hawain_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r...y-162-calcium-carbonate-precipitation.227116/

@Hawain_Rob I believe that this chemistry question of the day can explain why i asked the questions that I did about your water quality. It is very possible that your LFS tested your water properly as there are factors that can effect your CA. As randy stated prior that H2O2 would not effect your CA and MG I have been searching for an answer that could help you with that question. @Randy Holmes-Farley if there is a better question or paper that could explain this better it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not dosing anything. I do have a gfo and carbon reactor. That I turned off while I dose h202. Yeah lfs said mag 1200 and calcium 280! My question now is should I dose to bring mag and cal up?

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 9 H202
Still no regrowth of cyano or dinos, hair algae is still dieing back. Livestock and coral still showing no signs of discomfort water is crystal clear. Have not had to clean any diatoms off the glass in over in over week.
Water quality
Ca 440
Mg 1480
Dkh 7.8
Po4 .2
No3 not detected
Ammonia not detected
P.H. 8.34
S.G. 1.025
20160411_211523.jpg

Hawain_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 9 H202
Still no regrowth of cyano or dinos, hair algae is still dieing back. Livestock and coral still showing no signs of discomfort water is crystal clear. Have not had to clean any diatoms off the glass in over in over week.
Water quality
Ca 440
Mg 1480
Dkh 7.8
Po4 .2
No3 not detected
Ammonia not detected
P.H. 8.34
S.G. 1.025
20160411_211523.jpg
This by dosing 1x10 twice a day? That means there's hope for my tank!!!!!

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not changed any lighting or changed any of my dosing other than adding the H2O2.
I have removed my GFO and my Sulfur reactor, and look how bright all of the coral is getting

Last edited:

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not changed any lighting or changed any of my dosing other than adding the H2O2.
I have removed my GFO and my Sulfur reactor, and look how bright all of the coral is getting
Are you still dosing once a day or are you trying the twice dose?
Twilliard and all thanks for working on this. I found this while reading the Dino peroxide thread.

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twice a day I believe @twilliard will be starting on the final wright up this weekend.

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you say you are dosing it gradually like over an hour timeframe or something? I d got a 60g I would like to try this on so that's 6ml per day. I was wondering if I can come home every night and just add the 6ml all at once or do I need to be adding it very slowly or something? How are you doing it exactly?

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you say you are dosing it gradually like over an hour timeframe or something? I d got a 60g I would like to try this on so that's 6ml per day. I was wondering if I can come home every night and just add the 6ml all at once or do I need to be adding it very slowly or something? How are you doing it exactly?
The exact final writeup won't be for a few more weeks to a month.
H2O2 can be dosed at one time in a high flow area.

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not asking for an official write up, I just wondered how cowboy was doing it

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The exact final writeup won't be for a few more weeks to a month.
H2O2 can be dosed at one time in a high flow area.

I would personally wait for the final wright up. As it will also talk on duration and other process that should be followed to maximize effectiveness. I know that lovely red film of cyano is just so attractive that it drives us all nuts but patience is truely key in this hobby nothing good comes from rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 97 80.8%
  • Other.

Back