beginner

lscs98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon reef tank I started in March of this year, and I am still having problems getting the ph, no3, no2,right. anyone care to give some of their secrets out?

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. What types and how many of each type of livestock do you have? If your ammonia levels are constantly elevated I'd suspect there's too many fish for the tank, or overfeeding. If it's just nitrates and nitrites you may need to do water changes more often. That should also help with you pH. Is your pH too high or too low?

robharold

Farmer wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A more basic question for you. Please describe your set-up.

30G tank. What kind of lighting, flow, how much live rock? Sand? And as russel asked what are the livestock. These things will help others answer you.

Also, what are your numbers running? actual numbers tell more than "can't get them right" so we know what ranges you are in to offer more accuate help.

jaydm93teg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and do you have a skimmer on the tank? and are you using RO/DI water or are you using just regular tap water?

I know my water quality was HORRIBLE and i switched to RO/DI and got a HOB skimmer for my tank and everything is thriving now

demonsperm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water source?
Stock from CUC to coral to fish?
Feeding scedule and amount and type of food?
Amount of LR and LS?
All equipment used?
Water change scedule?
All readings tested for and there level?

racermike27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give us a bit more info about the system, equipment, and parameters. It would be much easier for us to help you then.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon reef tank I started in March of this year, and I am still having problems getting the ph, no3, no2,right. anyone care to give some of their secrets out?

How much and how often are you changing water? is salinty correct? what kind off animals are you keeping and how many? theres lot's of Q's that need to be addressed before anyone can give you a edjucated gess but if your salinty is off can cause your tank to cycle slow plus cause death in most inverts ware fish can survive a lower salinty.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please like stated before let us know everything you can about your tank and set up. Also how often do you feed?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back