Besides reefing, what other hobbies do you do in your free time?

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I'm not focusing on my salt and freshwater tanks, I'm often following and photographing the USF Pro Championships series, the support series for IndyCar. I'm also an avid gardener and overall foodie, an occasional gamer (board, card, computer/platform, paper, anything), and I fish and camp a bit in season, often camping at race tracks, though I haven't found one I can fish at yet. :winking-face-with-tongue:

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0700.jpeg
Model railroading
Woodworking
And I built a 4000g vivarium so I have a slice of rainforest in the house
IMG_0813.jpeg
IMG_0820.jpeg

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tabletop games(board games, rpgs, some miniature games, and trading card games)

Fishing, picked up saltwater fly fishing a few years ago, so more of that lately.

I love to cook and make craft cocktails.

I have been into photography on and off for a while, my son has shown interest, so trying to go out more with him.

collosalness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this question was asked a couple of months ago, but decided to ask it again since I’ve seen a lot of new people on here, plus a good way to learn more about everyone haha. Plain and simple, do you have any other hobbies besides reefing? Curious to see what everyone says!
Video games, photography. Really anything to do with tech honestly.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Basic woodworking and I surf quite a bit during the warmer months here in south Tx. I'm too old and fat to bother with wet suits these days. Tried to get into golf for a while but it's just not for me.

Oh, and I have two teenagers that are involved in sports that require a decent amount of travel time. So that keeps me pretty busy as well.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I started making cedar planter boxes as a hobby. It was fun seeing what I could make. But 4 years ago when everything shut down I needed something to generate extra cash so I turned it into a side gig.
From fairly large to small. These are just a few sizes I've made.

Those are cool! I just built a new deck (well, added on to an existing deck would be more accurate) and have been contemplating planter ideas for one area outside of a window and near a fence. I think I'll build something similar to your second picture. Thanks for the idea :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of fishing with my boys!

IMG_0632.jpeg IMG_4551.jpeg IMG_0630.jpeg
I don't see any fishing going on, just some trophy catching? I am a trained fisheries biologist and got spoiled using gillnets. Poles are not my friends, but give me a gillnet, or a dragnet or a purse seine and I could give you some competition. Those lucky young men are going to have a lot of great memories, way to go there, pops! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this question was asked a couple of months ago, but decided to ask it again since I’ve seen a lot of new people on here, plus a good way to learn more about everyone haha. Plain and simple, do you have any other hobbies besides reefing? Curious to see what everyone says!
I have 3 major hobbies;
Reefing, Dogs and House Plants! Reefing takes up the majority of my time though, the dogs just hang out and watch (sometimes “help” out with the plants and water changes too).
Just some photos of my plants and one of the dogs :)
IMG_9224.jpeg

IMG_9233.jpeg

IMG_9234.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back