Best colour enhancing supplement?

rickybrooks05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have success with acropower but I break up the recommended dose... I've had the cyano effect when dosing all at once.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been keeping SPS for 12+yrs now. My thoughts for nice sps are mature your tank, which imo is a year and a half or two. Quality water, strong flow, strong skimmer, fuge, a med to heavy fish load. Quality spectrum is needed for your lighting and most importantly consistent alk and not to much of a calc swing. After you have done this you should be able to keep any sps you want. After this point if your not satisfied with your colors try different amino's, or change a salt, or try different essential elements....etc. Only use one at a time to see if it makes any changes. I have tried many different techniques and for the last 6mths i dosed acropower since it has such a following. My corals didn't really make any dramatic changes, nothing i could tell. About a month ago I started to dose KZ Flatworm Stop and KZ Coral Booster. I heard good things about this combo. Since changing over i can tell a huge difference in sps growth as well as color. I'm very surprised and pleased. This is the first supplement that I have ever used that I actually see a difference within a month. I know its working as its the only thing i have changed in my tank and the growth is crazy.

"But thats just like my opinion man"

Hmmmm now you have me interested. I have both of those in my cabinet. Enlighten me a little more on what you have seen improvements in, you definitely have my attention.

mhaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have success with acropower but I break up the recommended dose... I've had the cyano effect when dosing all at once.

+1 on all coral food/supplements. Cyano can shortly follow. I now feed half the amount over half of the time period and my colors are great.

Reef energy and coral frenzy are currently on my menu. Along With fish poo of course. At half doses twice per week.

My tank is recovering from a nutrient explosion from over feeding while I was away. Fortunately my corals are receiving the greatest visible benefit as I normally run a low/no nutrient system that requires feeding.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm now you have me interested. I have both of those in my cabinet. Enlighten me a little more on what you have seen improvements in, you definitely have my attention.

My blue and green sps have really colored up since stopping acropower and starting up the kz. The brown film algae is basically gone now, my front panel hardly needs to be cleaned. The growth for the past month has been like a normal three month of growth so I'm pretty happy. I dose 9ml of the stop and 6ml of the boost daily. If you have it, give it a whirl. Generally I consider most sps enhancers as snake oil.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back