OP
OP
Mattyice008

Mattyice008

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only worry about fragging them was that it would have to be done in the tank. I'm going to take a razor and scrape them off. But I'm not sure if there's any poisons or anything that can bleed out and harm other things

livingcolors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Kalkwasser in a thick slurry. I'm not a fan of Aptasia X, kalk is much more potent. I would not kill attack more than 10 at a time though. They can nuke your tank pretty badly. I got to aggressive with some and killed three blastos. I was lucky that was all that happened.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be invasive but as said, they are an awesome addition to the tank. Maybe think about a zoa/paly type rock. I did it and looks great, mine just needs to color up more.

7C5F54B0-EC61-4643-8524-493DFFF36CBC.jpeg

livingcolors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a couple of rocks infested with green palys. I've had very good luck taking a pair of hemostats and grabbing them by the base and plucking them off. This way I can kind of keep the colony under control and keep the rock. stick em on a paper towel or swish in a container and get rid of them. I would recommend wearing goggles, don't remove more than ten or so (toxic), run carbon. NEVER scrape with fingernails, these boys will hurt you!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a couple of rocks infested with green palys. I've had very good luck taking a pair of hemostats and grabbing them by the base and plucking them off. This way I can kind of keep the colony under control and keep the rock. stick em on a paper towel or swish in a container and get rid of them. I would recommend wearing goggles, don't remove more than ten or so (toxic), run carbon. NEVER scrape with fingernails, these boys will hurt you!
That exactly what I have! the green palys that grow like weeds all over the big main rock in my small 36 gallon! I have tried to scape them off and all this paly toxin or whatver came out of them so I am scared to keep doing that!. i am going to take you advise and try some hemostats! Did you pull by the polyp? Seems like it would be difficult to grab the base! Can you give me some pointers? . I was zapping some peroxide today on some algae thats looks like little flowers that spreding so I zapped a few with peroxide. I don t know if that will do anything! I also worry about them rotting in my tank so provably not a good idea!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back