Big Announcement - The Vertex Cerebra Pre-Order with Special $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RTab619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same reason people donate $500+ to a kickstarter. Just because it is called a beta doesn't mean it doesn't work. Also, it is almost half the cost. You are acting as if it is at full retail. There is no comparison in cost at the moment between the New Apex System and this controller. If the price returns to the suggested MSRP then you have an argument. The cost estimates I posted apply in the current situation between both platforms. The end user benefits most by purchasing now instead of later and that is not misleading.

Agree with you here but scary being a beta tester when it comes to reef tanks and all the money/time invested.

kouma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read on your website that the first shipment is sold out. I placed my orders for the main unit on the 15th and the accessories on the 17th and 22nd. Will I be receiving all my items from the first shipment? I hope I wont have to wait until the second shipment :(

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are being told that our next shipment will be in a week from the time the 1st shipment arrives. The good news is that anyone who orders from us will get the preorder price. After the 1st two shipments arrive the price is going up to $699.99. It's not too late to get in on this. We are getting fixtures before anyone else and our 2nd shipment is coming in as soon as the 2nd batch of inventory arrives at Vertex Technologies. You are covered either way since we pre-ordered all of their inventory on the 1st shipment and a large portion of the 2nd shipment.

Thank you,

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read on your website that the first shipment is sold out. I placed my orders for the main unit on the 15th and the accessories on the 17th and 22nd. Will I be receiving all my items from the first shipment? I hope I wont have to wait until the second shipment :(

I fairly certain you will get everything together on the 1st shipment. We are already preparing to have the proper sized boxes in our warehouse for when the 1st shipment arrives. Having the correct sized boxes will help us fill as many orders as we can the day the 1st order arrives. Our goal is to unpack the pallet the day they arrive, rebox and ship all available Cerebra stock and do it all in one day. Additionally, I've been thinking about throwing in something special for all pre-order customers. This will be a surprise that we will announce after the orders ship.

Elysium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with you here but scary being a beta tester when it comes to reef tanks and all the money/time invested.

Which is why I'm buying this now for a build that won't be ready for months. By then a lot of the kinks should be worked out.

RTab619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is why I'm buying this now for a build that won't be ready for months. By then a lot of the kinks should be worked out.
I was tempted to do the same. Unfortunately that money could buy me some nice corals lol

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is that in most equipment failures, it is the end user that fails to use the equipment properly or forgets to do something.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is that in most equipment failures, it is the end user that fails to use the equipment properly or forgets to do something.

One would hope that the hardware platform is very solid. The controller has been in development for several years.

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One would hope that the hardware platform is very solid. The controller has been in development for several years.
It should be in that time frame. Most companies release products early to install updates/fixes as the product goes along like with the iPhone. I have no doubts this product should be ready to go out the box. The only thing that will may require constant updates or conflict with the base operating system will probably be user made apps. This also brings into question antivirus software. Users who download user made apps will be at risk while those who don't will be fine.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news. Don't set this in stone just yet but it looks like we will be able to fill everyone's order on the 1st batch that arrives with room to spare. If you were hoping to get in on the 1st batch with Aquarium Specialty then we have more coming in than previously thought.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photos of them being prepared for shipping to the US. The Guys in Europe have been working hard trying to get the first batch out. The first 300 units are packed sitting on pallets and will leave tomorrow or Friday to California ,they should land sometime early next week.

13439110_1004707679636627_4083005599653772389_n.jpg
13450166_1004707609636634_7527160556399047411_n.jpg
13494781_1004707606303301_5390223337285534745_n.jpg

Faraday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we pre-order, will we be charge now or when the controller ships?

kouma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY!! SEXY

skyeliu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fairly certain you will get everything together on the 1st shipment. We are already preparing to have the proper sized boxes in our warehouse for when the 1st shipment arrives. Having the correct sized boxes will help us fill as many orders as we can the day the 1st order arrives. Our goal is to unpack the pallet the day they arrive, rebox and ship all available Cerebra stock and do it all in one day. Additionally, I've been thinking about throwing in something special for all pre-order customers. This will be a surprise that we will announce after the orders ship.

Wait, when you say "everyting together on the 1st shipment" you are referring to the Cerebra package right, or are you saying you have those additional PH and Conductivity Probe coming in with the 1st shipment as well? If so, I will order them all together.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello skyeliu, yes we were invoice for everything so it's all coming in together...controllers, probes, power bars, ect.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one so bad but the Mrs. would kill me haha...

Do what the wives do when they come home from a shopping spree. "Look what I got today, all of this and I saved $325.00!!!" And you are standing there looking at her with your hands on your hips and thinking, no you didn't save $325.00, you spent $374.99. But for the sake of your relationship you bite your tongue, go outside drink a beer and mow the grass.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back