Big Announcement - The Vertex Cerebra Pre-Order with Special $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling most people are assuming like I did that 6 outlets came with what we purchased.

kouma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I read:

Cerebra Prima Package consist of; Cerebra 5.5” Touch Screen Controller, Multi-Bar and Temperature Sensor. Following items and accessories are included in the package: 1. Cerebra Controller  AC/DC Power Supply  Cerebra Mounting Brackets 2. Cerebra Multi-Bar  Power Bar Mounting Brackets 3. Smart-Temp Sensor 4. 75Ω BNC Terminator 5. USB A-B Cable 6. Black Stylus 7. Cloud Registration-Code Card.

Multi-bar is a 6-outlet powerbar that also embeds 10 of different modules for collecting data. Its a smarter version of the Power-bar

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power-bar is different than the multi-bar and is not included. From the spec sheet:

Cerebra Multi-Bar:

 6 Relay Controlled Sockets

 High Quality Relays – 80A Inrush Compliant / 5000V Isolation Energy-Control Port

 Fused, monitored/controlled individually via HAL Sensors

 16A Power Rating

 Status LED Indicators

 Predefined Emergency Power State

 2 * PH Probe Ports

 1 * Redox Probe Port

 1 * Conductivity Probe Port

 1 * Dissolved Oxygen Port

 1* PAR Sensor Port

 2 * Optical Or Mechanical Level Sensor Port

 2 * 1-10V Channels

 6’ (1.8m) Power cord

kouma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, but the Multi-bar in itself is a smart power bar with 6 outlets that can be controlled.

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not disagreeing with you, just relaying that the vendor left me a vm and thinks otherwise....

kouma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an image I got from BRS for the Prima package

whats_in_box_1.jpg

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, there has been some confusion about the multi-bar. The Prima package comes with a multi-bar with 6 AC outlets on the bar. If you wish to have more than 6 outlets you will need to order the power bar. This will bring your total number of AC outlets to 12. This was confusing to us at 1st because the information has been trickling in and official high res product photos are not out yet. I'm sure Vertex will have exceptional photos in the coming days and we will use their photos on our website once available. Either way we will have photos soon because we will be taking our own photos for the website when the shipment arrives if Vertex doesn't beat us to it 1st.

Bottom line is that many people will want to control more than 6 outlets. If so then please order the power bar. Here's the link -

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/equipment/controllers-monitors/accessories?manufacturer=7003

Thanks everyone for your support and have a great Fathers Day weekend!

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I've never had a controller, so I'm a little confused about all the accessories. Does the Conductivity Probe alert you of stray voltage?
What's the difference/need for the duel ph probe vs the ph probe?
What's the redox probe?
What's is the manual switch refereed to on the float valves? Do you really have to manually switch it?

Payday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since package comes with the multi bar, the description of the site needs to be fixed. It states:

"The Cebera Prima package includes the touch screen controller, a 6 outlet power-bar and LED status temp probe and it’s completely expandable with many accessory options."

Either way, thanks for the great deal, order placed!

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine yesterday. Now I wish I had ordered a ph probe and maybe one of the sensors. I can't wait to get the unit in my hands.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I've never had a controller, so I'm a little confused about all the accessories. Does the Conductivity Probe alert you of stray voltage?
What's the redox probe?
What's is the manual switch refereed to on the float valves? Do you really have to manually switch it?
The description stated multi-bar in on section and power bar in another. I changed it so that is says multi-bar in both areas of the description. Thank you for noticing that.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine yesterday. Now I wish I had ordered a ph probe and maybe one of the sensors. I can't wait to get the unit in my hands.

The accessories were added to the site yesterday AM. Feel free to do an add on order for the accessories at the introductory pricing. If the order new amount is less than $99.00 then go ahead and select local pickup as the delivery option since you've already ordered a controller. We'll combine the order and ship everything together with free shipping.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The description stated multi-bar in on section and power bar in another. I changed it so that is says multi-bar in both areas of the description. Thank you for noticing that.
You quoted my previous post with the questions, but didn't answer them. Will you answer them, please? I want to get a unit, but am not sure what accessories to get with it.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the redox probe?

A conductivity probe measures the electrical conductivity in a solution. It monitors the amount of nutrients, salts or impurities in the water.

A dual Ph probe last longer than a standard probe. It has dual chambers inside the probe.

Manual means it's mechanical vs. optical. For a better explanation on this you can use Google this weekend but we will have better descriptions on the site next week after Father's Day weekend if you can wait...or you can call me on Monday and I will help.

Thank you,

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just adding my 2 cents. I'm certainly glad to see more vendors in the controller business. That's good for all. There was an interesting post that compared apples to apples with the new Neptune controller, which priced this out about $50.00 cheaper. Is it really worth jumping on this deal, if it's only $50.00 cheaper when same specs are compared to Neptune? Most people will want to eventually add the accessories included with the new Neptune controller and people seam to love Neptune's ability to be customized. As far as I can tell, no one has even see this new controller in action or tried it. I love a good deal too, but can't wait to see actual reviews from people who use it first. Maybe I'll miss this great deal, but I would also hate to waste $400.00 on something new and shinny.

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just adding my 2 cents. I'm certainly glad to see more vendors in the controller business. That's good for all. There was an interesting post that compared apples to apples with the new Neptune controller, which priced this out about $50.00 cheaper. Is it really worth jumping on this deal, if it's only $50.00 cheaper when same specs are compared to Neptune? Most people will want to eventually add the accessories included with the new Neptune controller and people seam to love Neptune's ability to be customized. As far as I can tell, no one has even see this new controller in action or tried it. I love a good deal too, but can't wait to see actual reviews from people who use it first. Maybe I'll miss this great deal, but I would also hate to waste $400.00 on something new and shinny.
It is not just $50 cheaper than the new one. If you look at my example cost calculation, you would have 6 additional energy slots and an additional pH port without the need of buying another module for comparison with the New Apex. As for the Classic Apex, you would save money + have a Conductivity probe.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back