Big Announcement - The Vertex Cerebra Pre-Order with Special $$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kouma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question, is the powerbar's outlets programmable? Whats the main difference between the powerbar and multi-bar?

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The spec sheet answers most questions. The power bar looks like it has just 6 controllable outlets with a USB port to connect it to the head unit or daisy chain with another power bar or multi bar. The multi bar has a ton more inputs than the power bar and costs quite a bit more.

kouma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot. Looks I will need to purchase another multi-bar to accommodate my 4 controllable Tunze 6105 pumps, since each multi can handle only 2x1-10v outlets

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, looks like there should be some additional probes and sensors coming. Aquarium Speciality is likely waiting on Vertex at this point. But I'd like to know if the current pH probe is the single or double junction model. The leak and stray voltage would be some nice additions depending on price.

Drao05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the plug and bought one too. Does anyone know if there will be an iPhone app for monitoring?

Faraday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I like most about the Apex is the module to integrate with Ecotech stuff. Any way this controller can be used to trigger a feed mode on a Vortech power head? I intend on connecting a battery backup to the Vortech so I can't just have it pull the power via a controllable outlet since the battery will just take over.

richnbowl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed mine before it was to late. Great price and I have always had great results with their products. Hopefully this stays true.

slosoak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 3 sensors that measure water level, float, dual point float, and optical sensor. Do they have other uses than measuring low/hi water levels? If no, which one should I get?

I am also very interested in this, hopefully @ Aquarium Specialty will chime in

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also very interested in this, hopefully @ Aquarium Specialty will chime in

The high low version simply gives you 2 set points; a low point (ATO kicks on) and a high point (ATO kicks off). It's also probable (but I haven't learned this yet) that the high level sensor has a high level alarm. I'll find out more about the different sensors and let everyone know in the thread.

OP
OP
AquariumSpecialty

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Single Sensor - Shuts off water via a manual switch
Optical - Shuts off water via an optical switch
Dual - Turns on water via a manual switch (low water level sensor) and shuts off water and sends you an alarm message via SMS, email and text message. The Cerebra also has an audio alarm that can alert you letting you know that the controller is shutting the water off (high water level sensor)

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I posted in another thread I had started.

- Block touch screen display ( it is an android computer. it needs room to store the ram, hard drive, so on.) vs Mono-Gameboy display or use of 3rd party Tablet from Amazon which I may add that you won't get support from Neptune for it.

lets crunch some numbers:

- Cerebra with multibar which has all the ports you need and not separate modules and a smart temp probe that has light indicators - $374

We will add the basic probes everyone use. Not many actually use ORP so we will leave that out.

- Dual Junction pH probe - $62.99
-Conductivity Probe - $80.99

Total: $518.97 which is less than the Apex Classic ( $549.95) and you also have a conductivity probe.

Lets go a little further and say you want to add the ORP probe and want another energy bar which is the same as the New Apex:

ORP Probe: $71.99
Energy Bar: $149.99

Total: $740.95 (Still less than the New Apex $799.95 + you still have more room to add another pH probe without having to buy another module; Also you have 12 energy sockets to use.)

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling a little dumb now, I though one power bar came in our prima package. Another 149 to just get started.

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not according to a vm I just got. Prima comes with multi bar. Multi bar doesn't have outlets. Just the probes and switches etc...

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy received the same VM. If you look at the specs and pictures, the multi-bar includes 6 controllable outlets along with the probe connectors. The only reason to purchase a power-bar is if you need additional controllable outlets.

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like buying something when you have no clue what you're getting haha! Im a sucker for new stuff.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back