Blue Hippo Tang Always hiding

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to get some more pics. There is a parasitic disease called black ich. not related to regular ich. It is caused by flat worms. Tangs are particularly prone to this relative to other fish.

Peterson88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voltage travels through water from return pump to display if you have no voltage in the display you have no voltage in your sump.

OP
OP
cymonous

cymonous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had her in Quarantine since Thursday evening. For what I can tell, those tan blotches cleared up. Her behavior is concerning though. I may have to take a video and show what I mean. She is acting very very scared. Any sudden movement and she darts off into things (heater, air stone, rams into PVC pieces, and the glass walls). Otherwise, she is either laying down, face pointing down into bottom glass, or actually upright between pvc pieces. I can tell is she not eating as well as there are signs of white on her face.

I've put frozen foods (mysis, rod's, blood worms) and pellets in there so far. She doesn't go after it when I'm around. I think she eats some of it later, but not all of it is gone.

Lowstorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does she have any signs of early head and lateral line erosion? Is it going blind perhaps?

OP
OP
cymonous

cymonous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is doing much better since going into quarantine. She is swimming and eating now. How long should she stay in there?

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd guess something spooked her, could have been the move or another inhabitant picking on her. I'd watch her for a couple more weeks before adding her back. You might try rearranging your rocks just before you add her back to mess up the territories of the other fish.

OP
OP
cymonous

cymonous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update. I moved her back to the DT over the weekend. She is still a little skittish, but she comes out and swims and eats. Thanks for all of the help.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update. I moved her back to the DT over the weekend. She is still a little skittish, but she comes out and swims and eats. Thanks for all of the help.
I have a tomini doing this right now. My rock work was glued together with tons of caves so I can get her out and have no clue what to do. I have done 3 rounds of prazi and 15 days of feeding food bound with kana/metro (killed $300 of corals in the process unfortunately so can't do it again).

She was quarantined (copper and everything else) and I've had her for about 3-4 months. I have no clue what's going on.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back